Lincoln

What do you think of the name [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]? How many do you know?

1 Like

I don’t know anyone named [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m], but it sounds like a fresh, modern gender-neutral name.

2 Likes

[name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] feels strong, solid and cool, but without seeming harsh. Nicknames [name_m]Link[/name_m], [name_m]Cole[/name_m], [name_f]Lonnie[/name_f], [name_f]Lin[/name_f], Loc make it feel versatile too. I’ve only encountered one young [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]!

2 Likes

I love [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]. He feels cool and modern. Never known one, and only came across it once in a TV show, so he feels pretty rare and fresh as well. [name_f]Love[/name_f] the nicknames [name_m]Link[/name_m] and [name_m]Cole[/name_m]!

1 Like

It’s one of those trendy names that I feel like I’ve seen a lot of people online use, but haven’t met one in person yet. It’s not really my normal style but I’ve always loved it. it’s relaxed and cool yet historical and solid

1 Like

Thank you for the input so far. So happy to get your perspectives. Very interesting to me that people perceive this as a modern name. While I know it’s newly popular, it’s always had a classic/vintage vibe to me. And has actually been used as a first name for over a century. I’m actually a little turned off by “modern” names, but obvi not everyone will share my association.

I like [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]! It has a rugged, outdoorsy feel, and I agree with previous posters that it’s more modern to me than classic/vintage due to the recent popularity. I’ve known of 2 or 3 over the years.

1 Like

It’s not my style, but I can see the appeal. I know two Lincolns, one is about 14 and the other is 10. It definitely feels like a young, modern name to me, but it has the weight of history behind it thanks to [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m].

1 Like

I like the name [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]! I think I only know two (and one is spelled Linken, which I don’t like!).

1 Like

I didn’t know [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] had been used as a first name for over a century, but I believe you. Some other names that are more traditional than many people think are [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_m]Landon[/name_m].

1 Like

I agree! Not a fan of that spelling. I really like how [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] looks.

Yes! The history of so many names gets lost. I love how the Nameberry site shows the history of popularity graph. So interesting!

I was thinking about it lately! [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] “Cole” sounds cool and fresh

We know Several Lincoln’s . They are between 10 and 3

Most go by [name_m]Linc[/name_m]