Linney? Julianne?

I’ve thought I’ve had this baby girl named several times so far but here we are…8 weeks and can’t commit. Here’s my latest idea so please let me know your thoughts.

[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] - both are family names and feel solid as she ages. However, I do not like the nickname [name_f]Lily[/name_f] but [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name Linney. Could Linney be an acceptable nickname for [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]? [name_m]Will[/name_m] people call her [name_f]Lily[/name_f] anyway? Could Linney stand on it’s own? Additionally, my first name is [name_u]Lindsay[/name_u] so would Linney be too close?

[name_u]Julianne[/name_u] [name_u]Britt[/name_u]- again both family ties and the original front runner. I feel like [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] would end up being shortened to [name_u]Julie[/name_u], [name_u]Jules[/name_u], etc…none of which bother me.

[name_u]Julianne[/name_u] [name_u]Britt[/name_u] gets my vote. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f]! It might be hard to make Linney stick–and the spelling could be tricky too. I prefer the flow of [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] [name_u]Britt[/name_u] because there is less repetition of sounds between the first and middle names

I think i prefer [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] [name_u]Britt[/name_u] - you like the more intuitive nicknames and it’s distinct from your name

I prefer [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] over [name_u]Julianne[/name_u], though both nice enough. ( I love [name_f]Julia[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] though). I really like Linney as a nn for [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]. With any name people will sometimes attempt to shorten but you just need to be clear ‘No, it’s [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] or Linney’. When they’re old enough they decide themselves if they want to do the same.

I prefer [name_u]Julianne[/name_u].

What about naming her Linley? (similar to Linney but an established first name) I like the sound of Linley [name_u]Britt[/name_u] a lot!

I really like that! It’s just so close to my name ([name_u]Lindsay[/name_u]) that I’m not sure if it would get confusing or seem narcissistic? Maybe overthinking it.

[name_u]Julianne[/name_u].
Would you consider [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] Linney? That could include everything you want.

I actually know a [name_f]Juliana[/name_f] who goes by Linney! It could totally work for [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] or [name_f]Lillian[/name_f].

I like [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] but it seems you are loving Linney the most (correct me if I am wrong). Now that I’m reconsidering I do think Linley and Linney is a bit too close to [name_u]Lindsay[/name_u] (sorry for that suggestion I forgot to take into account your name). Perhaps you’d like [name_u]Brinley[/name_u] (ties in [name_u]Britt[/name_u] and Linney imo). Or even [name_u]Riley[/name_u] (as a combination of [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] and Linney). I’m not sure if you’ve already ruled this out but I like [name_u]Britt[/name_u] as a first name too (spunky and meaning is high goddess!) I also like [name_f]Briar[/name_f] which has a similar vibe to me as Britt but it lacks the family connection you seem to be looking for.

With [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] I think it’s hard to avoid the nickname [name_f]Lily[/name_f].

If you are not a fan of these I really like [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] (and [name_f]Julia[/name_f])!

Oh that’s awesome! The thought had occurred to me use Linney as a nickname with [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] but wasn’t sure if that was just too much of a stretch. Thanks for your input!

I don’t mind [name_u]Britt[/name_u] but we have a [name_f]Brittany[/name_f] in the family so that’s why it was moved to the middle name. [name_u]Julianne[/name_u] was the original frontrunner and never thought I would second-guess it but as time is running out, starting to feel the pressure I guess! Thanks so much for input, will definitely consider and discuss with hubby.