List has changed.. AGAIN! 5 weeks to go :)

Okay so I already made a poll on girls names we liked. I’ve been going over them with my partner and he doesn’t have a connection with any :confused: at all . We don’t know which sex the baby is but, this is the girls name list I like (firsts and middles) the last name will be [name]Harrison[/name], and I already have a 18 month old named [name]Oliver[/name] ([name]Michael[/name] is his middle)… Am I being too picky with my style of names? Obviously I cant settle on a combination I like too much in case B#2 turns out to be a boy :slight_smile: Any suggestions welcome, all these names are our ‘‘shortlist’’ (lol) there was a list of around 30 but these are the finalists that I like and can imagine my self saying xx P.s I’m aiming for a max of 5 syllables between the first and middle :slight_smile: as Harrison is already a 3 .

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]/[name]Beth [/name]

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Laine[/name]/[name]Sage[/name]/[name]Beth[/name]

[name]Eleanor [/name][name]Sage[/name]/[name]Rose[/name]/[name]Ivy[/name]/[name]Laine [/name]

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Rose[/name]/[name]Bella[/name]/[name]Beth [/name]

[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Laine[/name]/[name]Rose[/name]/[name]Beth[/name]/[name]Louise [/name]

I also like [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Cecily [/name] but I don’t think they fit or sound right with any of the other names I like to make a flowing first/middle :confused:

Personally, I like [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Beth[/name] is too much like [name]Elizabeth[/name], but not, if you know what I mean.
I also think [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Rose[/name] flows well.

I know exactly what you mean with the [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Beth[/name] thing it’s just that it’s my middle name and I sort of sneakily threw it in there as an option as I’m totally lost for middles that sound pretty with the first name. I do like [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Rose[/name] very much, but my partner doesn’t like [name]Cecily[/name] as a first ( I just wrote those as extra middle options but don’t think they fit with any of the firsts we have :confused: and [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] sounds a bit iffy imagine she had a speech impediment? I’d be setting her up for a life of spitting :smiley: )

I like [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is stinkin’ adorable! [name]Nora[/name] [name]Laine[/name] is very pretty, as is [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Ivy[/name].

I really like [name]Nora[/name] too :confused: but my name is [name]Laura[/name] lol bit in your face rhymey as a first :slight_smile: aaaaargh this is so hard x

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]!! Ahh this stands out a mile to me :slight_smile: I love it.

I also like [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Rose[/name], though it seems more predictable as a combo ([name]Eliza[/name] [name]Bella[/name] is too much “a” and I don’t like [name]Beth[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Louise[/name] maybe? Or [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Belle[/name]?).

[name]Imogen[/name]'s nice but super popular here in the UK. Plus I don’t like any of those middles with it. [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Belle[/name]? [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]? [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Rose[/name]? [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Louise[/name]?

[name]Nancy[/name] is super cute and vintage, great to hear someone considering it! My cousin’s little girl has it as a middle. [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Laine[/name] is pretty cool! [name]Laine[/name] modernises [name]Nancy[/name] a little. [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Louise[/name] are nice too.

I absolutely adore [name]Cecily[/name], and I think [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Belle[/name] sound great.

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] is cute too, or [name]Nora[/name] [name]Louise[/name]?

My least favourites are [name]Eleanor[/name] because it feels a little plain, and [name]Hazel[/name] for no particular reason but I just don’t love it. [name]Both[/name] are good names though so you can’t really go wrong!

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Laine[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Belle[/name], [name]Nora[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - those are my faves! Good luck :slight_smile:

Hmm, having read the rest of your thread, I wouldn’t use [name]Imogen[/name] if you’re in the UK too because I just know so many and it’s a top 30 name. I’d say it’s rising too. Also [name]Cecily[/name] is obviously out as your partner doesn’t like it - I hate when partners veto beautiful names! Mine’s the worst lol. Also, I’m a [name]Laura[/name] too and would never consider using [name]Nora[/name] as a first name for that same reason sorry. I think it’s a little bit cheesy and cutesy.

So now my votes go to:

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Laine[/name] / [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Belle[/name]

Best of luck :slight_smile:

I have just lost my post so I will try again.

I think it is a choice between [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Anne[/name].

I think that [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] have exactly the same vibe and I love the way that the middles of [name]Rose[/name] for [name]Eliza[/name], and [name]Anne[/name] for [name]Cecily[/name] give a soft girly vibe to these lovely strong minded ladies’ names.

I know that you haven’t listed [name]Anne[/name] but she is a perfect fit and fits your syllable criteria.

rollo

ps The pp just said that your partner doesn’t like [name]Cecily[/name]?? That is a real shame, maybe the new middle would convince him of the rightness of this combo?

@ljandrl …[name]Imogen[/name] does seem to infest every nursery or playgroup I’ve been to recently, I’m also in the UK lol. But being sneaky and seeing your in [name]Wales[/name]? [name]Imogen[/name] sounds like a welsh sounding name to me so see why it’s probably everywhere there :slight_smile: and even before my son was born, and of course before we found out he was a boy, we had the name on the ‘girl list’ then too Lol… I couldn’t help but read your post in a welsh accent :smiley: the names you say you like sound gorgeous in a Welsh accent hahaha! [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Belle[/name] especially :slight_smile: Thankyou for your opinion and suggestions though , highly appreciated xx lol and @rollo… He said it sounds like trying to say silly with a stutter lol but [name]Anne[/name] is nice, BUT it’s my [name]Nanna[/name]'s name and my partner Grandma’s name without the ‘e’ also there’s a high possibility that if baby where a girl she’d turn out red haired and for that reason alone ([name]Annie[/name]) that would be laughed off by DH too :smiley: xx

I guess [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] might be why the name has a Welsh image to you? But actually I just checked out the ons.gov.uk website and in 2010 [name]Imogen[/name] was number 30 in [name]Wales[/name] with 101 babies born (up 13 places on 2009!) and number 26 in [name]England[/name] and [name]Wales[/name] combined, with 2045 babies born. So 1944 baby [name]Imogen[/name]'s were born in [name]England[/name] alone in 2010. [name]Just[/name] so you have all the info!

So sorry to disappoint but I don’t have very much of a Welsh accent! Lol. A twang sure, but I’m no valleys girl! I live on the border with [name]England[/name] so I guess thats why. I wish I did though! Strong Welsh accents are fab haha.

I can’t wait to see what you eventually decide! Would you consider [name]Ivy[/name] as a first? It may be my favourite name ever! :slight_smile:

Hahaha… Nawww, wishful thinking I think on my part :slight_smile: I’ve always had a soft spot for the Welsh accent and language in general, I don’t know who [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] is? I was thinking more along the lines of [name]Gavin[/name] and [name]Stacey[/name] actress - [name]Joanna[/name] [name]Paige[/name] :smiley: as if she were narrating your post lol
[name]Ivy[/name] is wonderful but I wasn’t sure it stood up as a first against the other name choices I have,though [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] is my favourite I’m still struggling to persuade my partner that it’s the ‘right’ name (I think he’s secretly hoping for another boy anyway) xx

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] - was on big brother years ago, former Miss [name]Wales[/name], was one of the women [name]Ryan[/name] Giggs cheated on his wife with, dates lots of footballers and is generally a bit of an attention seeking, reality tv, WAG wannabe type, urgh! :slight_smile:

And I wish I sounded like [name]Joanna[/name] [name]Paige[/name] - so cute! Hehe. But sadly no, ha.

I personally think [name]Ivy[/name] makes a great first name! [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] are pretty adorable. I would use out myself, it was basically my number 1 name, but we’re super attached to [name]Claudie[/name] for a first daughter, my partner preferred [name]Penelope[/name] for a second daughter, and I really wanted to avoid another “ee” ending name. Its beautiful though. All other factors aside, and if I was having a daughter on my own with no man to consult with, she would almost certainly be [name]Ivy[/name]! I’m still absolutely besotted with [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] though, I hope your partner gets on board!

Keep us updated on your choice! Are you going to find out the gender? [name]Do[/name] you have a boys name thread?

[name]Silly[/name] me - I just realised you have 5 weeks to go so if you were finding out the gender you’d know by now!

Lol yes I will definitely grab the laptop and announce our final choice, as soon as we’re agreed and after baby arrives of course :slight_smile: I do have a boys thread(well poll actually) but we have even less options for a boy and combinations are a nightmare so I prefer talking about the girls options lol xx 5 weeks its driving me crazy.
It’s a job to get him interested in anything to be honest haha, he goes glassy eyed whenever I talk about babies/names/clothes/colours guess its a man thing :slight_smile: So you haven’t already got two girls they’re ‘future’ kiddies? Ponelope is lovely, it’s quite close to a cousins name though so it’s a name I couldn’t personally use I know what you mean with the similair ending. I’ve tried to atay away from ‘er’ ‘ah’ cuz of [name]Oliver[/name]'s name. What a joke, as most of the names I liked where riddled with ‘reasons not to’
p.s. I obviously am a hermit as I still can’t say I know who she is lol but tbh I’m usually watching cbeebies nowadays and I’ve never really been a fan of Wags/big brother and couldn’t list any winners or wives. I’ll be putting the boy thread on later if you look at it later xxxx thanks for all your input and of course everyone else’s x

I like [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Rose[/name] best of your list. I really love the first, actually ^^

I also think [name]Nora[/name] [name]Beth[/name] would sound lovely!

[name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], and [name]Cecily[/name]!

Contrary to everyone else, I really love [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Rose[/name]!

I love your list. My favorites are:
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Sage[/name] - so so pretty
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - lovely!

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] is my 3rd fave. I love [name]Norah[/name] as well, but sounds like that’s not a top contender.

I love [name]Nancy[/name]! I think [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Beth[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] sounds lovely.