Little brother for Jude

HELP! We are having the hardest times with names for our newest addition. I can’t tell you how many nameberry threads I have now read. Big Brother’s name is [name]Jude[/name]. It’s a tough name to follow because it fits him perfectly and we adore the name. Our last name also begins with a J. We do like alliterations, but are willing have an alliteration with first name and middle name.

Top 2 so far are:
[name]Jordy[/name] (no MN yet) J*** ~ hubbie’s fave
[name]Kelan[/name] [name]Karter[/name] J***

Others we like but can’t use: [name]Luke[/name] (too popular) and [name]Cohen[/name] (friend’s son’s name)

Open for suggestions and opinions??? THANKS!

I think [name]Jordy[/name] sounds too nickname-y, and I have a hard time seeing it on an adult. I’d go with [name]Jordan[/name], and use [name]Jordy[/name] as a nn.

[name]Kelan[/name] falls into the popular -an/-in/-en pattern of [name]Aidan[/name], [name]Kayden[/name], and [name]Jayden[/name]. Also, I think that pronunciation will be an issue, as it’s unclear whether it is KEE-lan or KELL-an.

[name]How[/name] about:

[name]Jude[/name] and . . .

[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Jace[/name]
[name]Jules[/name]
[name]Jay[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]

prominent C/K-sound:
[name]Clive[/name]
[name]Locke[/name]
[name]Cliff[/name]/[name]Clifton[/name]
[name]Clay[/name]/[name]Clayton[/name]
[name]Caius[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Jude[/name] and [name]Kai[/name] would be great sibling names. Combos: [name]Kai[/name] [name]Kellen[/name] or [name]Kai[/name] [name]Keaton[/name].

I adore [name]Kai[/name], but we have a [name]Kyle[/name] in our family and everyone calls him [name]Ky[/name].

I love the name [name]Jordan[/name]!

What about…
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Jesse[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Jeremy[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Jace[/name]
[name]Jett[/name]
[name]Jagger[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Julius[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Jude[/name] and
Joash (I adore this name)
[name]Josiah[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Jordan[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Jason[/name]

[name]Jude[/name] and
[name]Zander[/name]
[name]Xzavier[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]

Thanks for the suggestions! Still searching…

[name]Red[/name] tulips how do you pronounce Joash?

[name]Love[/name] love [name]Zander[/name] (my maiden name starts w/ z) but my cousin already used it for his baby boy.

Also-Our last name ends in -son, so FN ending in -son sound funny

OK, so [name]Kai[/name] is out! Perhaps you are having trouble because you’re concentrating on alliteration rather than a name that goes well with [name]Jude[/name]. I find that sibsets which have too much alliteration end up sounding matchy or cutesy. I’m going to give you a list of names taken from a variety of style families that would be wonderful with [name]Jude[/name]. [name]Hope[/name] you like one of them. I would suggest that you find a name and then concentrate on alliteration if that’s the path you want to follow.
[name]Jude[/name] and brother…
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Heath[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Troy[/name]
[name]Shane[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] / [name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Reid[/name] / [name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Knox[/name]
[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Damon[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Cael[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Asa[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Sterling[/name]
[name]Hayes[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]

[QUOTE=judemommy;1269143]Thanks for the suggestions! Still searching…

[name]Red[/name] tulips how do you pronounce Joash?

Dear judemommy,
You pronounce Joash just like it looks, [name]Jo[/name]-[name]Ash[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] this helps :slight_smile:

Here are some additional names we are considering…thoughts or additional suggestions

[name]Tucker[/name] ([name]Tuck[/name])~a name we both agree on
[name]Declan[/name]~ I like it, my husband thinks it’s okay
[name]Kellan[/name] ~ still a contender

Keller might be another option (I know, I know, there will be the [name]Helen[/name] Keller teasing, but I think it’s handsome)
I like doubling the “l” in [name]Kellan[/name]–much clearer for pronunciation. I actually quite like this one, despite the popularity of the ending. It reminds me of the book of Kells. Kells could be a nn or name on its own, I think!

Other thoughts:
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Bowen[/name]

From your original list, I like [name]Kellan[/name]. I like the name [name]Carter[/name], not crazy about the K spelling but I understand what you are trying to do. The only issue with the intials KKJ is you are only one K short of a horrible association.

I have only known one person named [name]Jordy[/name] in my life and it was a girl, so I automatically think feminine when I see [name]Jordy[/name]. I also agree with pp’s that it doesn’t seem like a full name, more nn.

From your new list, I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Tucker[/name]! [name]Tucker[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] is adorable!! I haven’t really found another T name that sounds good with [name]Tucker[/name] but what about a J middle name? That way you still have the alliteration of the mn and ln? I like [name]Tucker[/name] [name]James[/name], [name]Tucker[/name] [name]Julian[/name], [name]Tucker[/name] [name]Jordan[/name], [name]Tucker[/name] [name]Josiah[/name], [name]Tucker[/name] [name]Jay[/name].

I have never really cared for [name]Declan[/name], prefer [name]Deacon[/name]. [name]Deacon[/name] and [name]Jude[/name] would work great as well. Possible combos: [name]Deacon[/name] [name]Delaney[/name], [name]Deacon[/name] [name]Douglas[/name], [name]Deacon[/name] [name]Drew[/name], [name]Deacon[/name] [name]James[/name].

Again, I like [name]Kellan[/name]. Not as much as [name]Deacon[/name] or [name]Tucker[/name], but I do like it. Again, I would be wary of using a K middle name, so I would probably go with a J middle name with [name]Kellan[/name] if you want the alliteration. [name]Kellan[/name] [name]Jace[/name], [name]Kellan[/name] [name]Jay[/name], [name]Kellen[/name] [name]Jeffrey[/name], [name]Kellan[/name] [name]Jax[/name], [name]Kellan[/name] [name]James[/name]. ([name]James[/name] goes with everything haha)

My absolute favorite would have to be [name]Tucker[/name] [name]James[/name]. It is so classy and timeless just like [name]Jude[/name].

What about…

Dashiel
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Nico[/name]
[name]Lorenzo[/name]
[name]Linus[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Forrest[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

?

My first thought for a brother for [name]Jude[/name] was [name]Asa[/name]. I’m not quite sure why.

Instead of [name]Jordy[/name], what do you think of [name]Jory[/name]? It’s a Cornish version of [name]George[/name].

Other ideas:

[name]Javan[/name]
Macsen “[name]Max[/name]”
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Piran[/name]
[name]Winston[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Tobiah[/name]
Jephthah (I know this is pretty out there. I just discovered it, and I think I like it. It’s Biblical, and pronounced like [name]Jeff[/name]-tha.)
Jacca (I know this one is a bit out there as well. It’s a Cornish version of [name]Jack[/name], apparently. I’ve really been liking Cornish names lately.)
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Lucan[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] “[name]Dash[/name]”
Merrick
[name]Briar[/name]

Thanks for all the input everyone! I really like [name]Tucker[/name]. And adore the nn [name]Tuck[/name] for a little boy running around. My only worry is the “teasing” factor. Does [name]Tucker[/name] open itself up for too much teasing since it rhymes with a couple bad words? Am I over thinking it?

I think there is a possibility for teasing with every name and a lot of it is how the child handles it. So if you teach your son to ignore any teasing about his name, it won’t be a big deal.

Jonsey36- the more I say [name]Deacon[/name], the more I like it also. Thanks for the suggestion. It’s on our short list!

No problem!! So glad to help:) You honestly can’t go wrong with [name]Deacon[/name] or [name]Tucker[/name]!