Little brother for Silas Emmanuel

We have our second son on the way this fall, and we are fairly certain his first name will be [name_m]Asher[/name_m] (nn [name_u]Ash[/name_u]). we [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the idea of [name_m]Asher[/name_m] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m] together! Now we need a middle name. I want something strong and meaningful, probably a name I love but wouldnt necessarily use as a first name. We have a super common single-syllable last name, so we like their names to be distinct. Ideas I have:

[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Canaan[/name_m] (my fave but husband doesn’t care for it)
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Clement[/name_m] (but if we have a girl we might call her [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]…)
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Rainier[/name_m] (after the mountain, but don’t want anyone to think we are using [name_m]French[/name_m] pronunciation - also too many Rs as well as one in our last name)
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] (totally in love with this but afraud it doesn’t flow well)
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] (husbands favorite so far, I could take it or leave it)
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] (love but it’s a family name and we aren’t doing family names)

None of these are really sticking with us both, but we don’t have many other ideas.

[name_m]Asher[/name_m] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m] are great choices! I would go with [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Ranier[/name_m] or [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]. With [name_m]Ranier[/name_m], you love it and I wouldn’t be concerned that some wouldn’t know which pronunciation you are using because you would tell them when you announce his birth. Done. Yes, the flow isn’t perfect in [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Ranier[/name_m] or [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] but we seldom say all three names together and they really aren’t that bad. Different if it were fn and last name that didn’t flow well. He will just be known as [name_m]Asher[/name_m] (last name).

I think [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] sounds the best. I would avoid a mn name with the letters “s” and “r” in them. [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Canaan[/name_m] would be my second choice followed by [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Clement[/name_m]. Here are some other mn suggestions.

[name_m]Asher[/name_m] Makepeace
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_u]Canyon[/name_u]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Levi[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Noble[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Coltrane[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Humphrey[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Byron[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Kipling[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Timothy[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Philemon[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Viggo[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Deacon[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Truman[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Conrad[/name_m]

[name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] has a lot of repeating sounds, so you have to like that style. I love [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] with [name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m] though so to me this seems like the best fit.

Yes, I do think [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] goes well with [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m]. [name_u]Mischa[/name_u] and whitegardenia, thank you for all your suggestions and input! This is very helpful! :slight_smile:

Yes, I do think [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] goes well with [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m]. [name_u]Mischa[/name_u] and whitegardenia, thank you for all your suggestions and input! This is very helpful! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think having [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_m]Emmanuel[/name_m] as mns leaves a weird “names for God” theme going on?