Little girl on her way needs a name

[name]Hi[/name] berries,

My name is [name]Luz[/name], the other half and I are expecting our 3rd (and probably last) girl. She’ll join sisters [name]Mara[/name] and [name]Julia[/name].

Here is a quick list we’ve come up with.Please give us your thoughts, ideas and reactions:

[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Alexa[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Elisa[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]

Obviously we have a small pattern here with names that end in “a” but hopefully it isn’t too much.

Thanks for reading and sharing your ideas.

[name]Flora[/name] is my favorite, although I think [name]Celia[/name] is cute too. [name]Vera[/name] seems a little dated compared to [name]Mara[/name] & [name]Julia[/name] & so does [name]Celia[/name] to a lesser extent. I don’t care much for [name]Alexa[/name] or [name]Cora[/name].

My name is [name]Luz[/name], the other half and I are expecting our 3rd (and probably last) girl. She’ll join sisters [name]Mara[/name] and [name]Julia[/name].

[name]Tessa[/name] - love
[name]Alexa[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] - love as a nn for [name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Elisa[/name] - pretty, also love [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] - love as a nn for [name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] - pretty
[name]Flora[/name] - pretty
[name]Cora[/name] - love, also love [name]Cordelia[/name] nn [name]Cora[/name]

Obviously we have a small pattern here with names that end in “a” but hopefully it isn’t too much.

Thanks for reading and sharing your ideas.[/quote]

[name]Mara[/name], [name]Julia[/name], and…

[name]Tessa[/name] - I love [name]Tessa[/name]! It sounds so different than [name]Mara[/name] and [name]Julia[/name] too, in a good way!

[name]Alexa[/name] - I do not like this name with your daughters’.

[name]Vera[/name] - I actually like [name]Vera[/name], it may be a little close to [name]Mara[/name] though.

[name]Elisa[/name] - I like this with [name]Mara[/name] and [name]Julia[/name].

[name]Celia[/name] - Not my personal favorite, but I think it goes well.

[name]Lydia[/name] - [name]Mara[/name], [name]Julia[/name], and [name]Lydia[/name]… it sounds lovely.

[name]Flora[/name] - again, I like the name, but not with your daughters’.

[name]Cora[/name] - see [name]Flora[/name]

My favorites would be [name]Tessa[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], and [name]Elisa[/name]. Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name]!

[name]Tessa[/name] - Great with [name]Mara[/name] and [name]Julia[/name]! Sounds different enough to be unique, but still spunky and feminine.

[name]Alexa[/name] - This sounds a bit harsh in comparison to [name]Mara[/name] and [name]Julia[/name], and personally I see it as dated.

[name]Vera[/name] - Well, it does have the same -ra ending as [name]Mara[/name], but I think the main drawback for this name is its very vintage status. [name]Mara[/name] and [name]Julia[/name] feel fresher to me.

[name]Elisa[/name] - Is this eh-[name]LEE[/name]-sah or [name]Alyssa[/name]? I think it looks pretty, but it could be confusing pronunciation-wise. I like it a lot with [name]Mara[/name] and [name]Julia[/name], though.

[name]Celia[/name] - I don’t at all like the fact that this ends in -lia like [name]Julia[/name]. Too close for me!

[name]Lydia[/name] - This is my favorite name for a girl, but I don’t like how it sounds with [name]Julia[/name]. [name]Mara[/name], [name]Julia[/name], and [name]Lydia[/name] - too close, right?

[name]Flora[/name] - [name]Flora[/name] is so cute, but I’m not sure it has enough strength to pair with [name]Mara[/name] and [name]Julia[/name]. I do love it, though.

[name]Cora[/name] - I’m not much of a [name]Cora[/name] fan, though I greatly prefer it to [name]Nora[/name]. It has the same -ra ending as [name]Mara[/name] and a harsher sound than both [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Mara[/name], but it works with your names.

I think my favorite is [name]Tessa[/name]. It sounds classic yet modern, feminine yet spunky, elegant yet playful. Perfection!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I like [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] the best.

That little bit of matching is never too much.

Simple names like these are so easy to work with…

or maybe not. I just realized that, with the your last name, [name]Flora[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] could run into it in a silly fashion.

The first half of the list is great.

What about [name]Theresa[/name] nn [name]Tessa[/name]?

My favorites from your list:

[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]: This name has really grown on me. lovely for a little girl and beyond…
[name]Lydia[/name]

My favorite names on your list are [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Flora[/name]. I think it’s great to have all your daughters’ names end with a, but I prefer not to have two out of three end in “ra” (or two of them end in “ia”). My vote goes to [name]Tessa[/name]. A set of girls named [name]Mara[/name], [name]Julia[/name], & [name]Tessa[/name] sounds adorable!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Luz[/name]

I have a friend [name]Ana[/name] [name]Luz[/name]. Have you considered using [name]Ana[/name]?

I like [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] from your list and I think it is quite normal to have a family of girls with all their names ending in ‘a’.

I like all the names ending in -a, but I’d avoid -ra or -lia, to keep it distinct from her sisters. So I like:
[name]Tessa[/name], [name]Elisa[/name], and [name]Lydia[/name] the best.

I love [name]Tessa[/name]!