Little Rosie

I tend to like romantic, preferably not overly common names, and ones with great meanings. Not TTC yet, just dreaming for now.

I previously picked Belphoebe as a middle for Rosalind, I still like the name but I’m not too sure anymore. When I was younger and single I used to mix a lot more unusual names on my list, but now I don’t know which ones I can still realistically use. Any better ideas, Berries?

I can’t get wrapped around belphoebe too much or halfway spell it,

I love rosamund and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f].

[name_f]May[/name_f] not be your style but I like [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], belle, [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] as middle names

If you’re not having twins, why does [name_m]Felix[/name_m] have to rule out [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]?

If you have a girl, name it [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] then choose another name for a boy as and when you need and same goes for [name_m]Felix[/name_m]? I don’t know that’s what I’d do anyways…

xx

Some middles for Rosalind…

[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Maia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Ambrosia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] Estelle/Estella
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Amabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_u]Cleo[/name_u]

A few additional suggestions, if you wanted them: [name_f]Evelina[/name_f], [name_f]Adelia[/name_f], [name_f]Estella[/name_f], [name_f]Miranda[/name_f], [name_f]Adalind[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Ellora[/name_f], [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f], [name_u]Celeste[/name_u]

Best of luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry you’re encountering such resistance! :grimacing:

Struggling to see how [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is ‘too religious’ but [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] (which has a literal religious meaning and contains the word angel, aka seraph) is not…if you think that comparison will help! I suppose he may just turn against [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] if you’re not careful :crazy_face:

For what it’s worth I think [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Belphoebe[/name_f] ‘Rosie’ is really truly stunning! Heck I’d use that myself if I didn’t already have a [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] in my life! I understand the impulse to ‘tone it down’ when it comes to the prospect of bestowing the name on a real child, but especially with popular [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] hidden in there I genuinely do think it’s useable and lovely in the middle.

Maybe you’d like ~
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Asteria[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Iridessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f]
[name_f]Phyllida[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalba[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Verena[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Maristella[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]

Because I prefer something less similar. Also, I tend to like more girl names than boy ones, so finding another name to replace [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is likely going to be harder. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha yeah, I thought the same. I think perhaps because Evangeline/Angeline/Angelina/Angela names have been a lot more common while [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is more unique and the main/only association is the seraph. But I don’t wanna bring that up to him and make him think [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is just as religious. :smiley:

Thank you! It’s mainly because now I have to consider another person’s taste. Also, while I still really like [name_f]Belphoebe[/name_f], I like it for its sound and meaning. I have nothing against The [name_f]Faerie[/name_f] [name_f]Queen[/name_f] (a poem which this name was invented for), but I’m not like a huge fan of it. So I wonder if it feels right to use it.

1 Like

Thanks. They actually kinda are. [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is even one of my favourite names ever, but it’s also one of the names he pretty much ignored. :sweat_smile:

I get that - if it helps it was used as a moniker for Queen Elizabeth I as well, so it’s kind of a code word for ‘queen’ too! But agree, ultimately it has to feel like ‘you’!

1 Like