Little sister for Dylan Reese

We are expecting our second girl any day now (I know, procrastination) and we want a name that sounds good with our daughter’s name - [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Reese[/name]. We are thinking about Townes [name]Isobel[/name]. Thoughts? Is it too weird or different enough to be cool?

Is Townes a family name? Personally, I don’t really like the sound of the name for either gender and if it is a family name, I would put it in the middle spot. It sounds VERY masculine to my ears. Some surnames just don’t make the grade. I do like the Scottish [name]Isobel[/name]. Other suggestions names: Townley, Townsend, [name]Torrance[/name], [name]Temple[/name]/[name]Templeton[/name] or [name]Tennille[/name].

To be honest Townes doesn’t seem like the perfect match or the best choice for a girl. Other suggestions:

[name]Tinsley[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Sloane[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name]
[name]Tempest[/name]

I kinda dig it, except I’m not sure how it would fare in the real world given the common, everyday word ‘towns.’

Very similar:

[name]Eames[/name]
[name]Torrey[/name] ([name]Torrey[/name] Pines, south of San [name]Diego[/name], gorgeous!)
[name]Hayes[/name]
[name]Cross[/name]
Soames
[name]Jules[/name] (think can cross over given Jools [name]Oliver[/name])
Ayres

Townes is really awful, sorry. Nothing attractive about it. [name]Isobel[/name] is stunning. I think something like [name]Maren[/name] or [name]Tamsin[/name] would go really well.

I really dislike Townes, it’s really odd as a first name. Much better suited to the mn spot, but I don’t even think it’s usable then. [name]Isobel[/name] is gorgeous but I don’t like it with her big sister’s name.

Suggestions -

[name]Brinley[/name]/[name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Adalyn[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Kayla[/name]
[name]Remy[/name]
[name]Danielle[/name]/[name]Daniella[/name]

I don’t care for it to be honest, it just doesn’t sound very pretty. It also is very unusual and would be hard to spell/pronounce, which I don’t think would go well with easily recognizable [name]Dylan[/name]. I love [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Reese[/name], [name]Dylan[/name] is one of my favorite unisex names. What about;

[name]Hayden[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Reagan[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Blake/name

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I personally don’t like Townes on a girl because it’s kind of an awkward first name and it also reminds me of Townes [name]Van[/name] Zandt.

However, [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Reese[/name] is cute, here are some suggestions.

[name]Yeardley[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Beale[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Sloane[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]