Little Twin Greek Girls

I’ve got twins girls on the way and I’m in a bit of a name bind. My husband is Greek and really wants Ancient Greek names (pre-[name]Christian[/name]) for first names. We both want unusual names.

Here’s our list - thoughts?

[name]Nyx[/name]
Tethys
[name]Theia[/name]
[name]Hero[/name]
[name]Kalliope[/name]
[name]Rhea[/name]
[name]Artemis[/name]

Thanks!

[name]Nyx[/name] - don’t like the look of it but I love the name [name]Nixie[/name] so I’ll give this a thumbs up! [name]Nyx[/name] Notice sounds sorta like you’ve been given a notice to [name]Nix[/name] something.
Tethys- Teth-iss? I’ve never seen this but it’s got a lovely soft feeling.
[name]Theia[/name]- pronounced like [name]Thea[/name]? I like it.
[name]Hero[/name]- Personally I [name]LOVE[/name] this name, but I think you might catch a lot of flack for it, it might be best in the middle. But if you’re comfortable with it then go for it because it’s an awesome name.
[name]Kalliope[/name]- I would prefer it with a C, [name]Callie[/name] is a sweet nickname.
[name]Rhea[/name]- this is my friends name prn. [name]Ray[/name]-uh, I understand it’s usually [name]Ree[/name]-uh, though. I think it’s great either way, my friend is complimented on it ALL the time.
[name]Artemis[/name]- I think this is too much name, personally.

A few pairings I like-
[name]Hero[/name] and [name]Nyx[/name]- I think they compliment each other nicely
[name]Rhea[/name] and Tethys
Tethys and [name]Kalliope[/name]- nn options of [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Kallie[/name] are great together too and really give them something normal to fall back on.
[name]Rhea[/name] and [name]Hero[/name]- [name]Share[/name] 3 out of 4 letters but have totally different sounds, I think that’s kind neat for twins.

> [name]Althea[/name]
> [name]Thalia[/name]
> [name]Clio[/name]
> [name]Andromeda[/name]
> [name]Celena[/name]
> [name]Zelina[/name]
> [name]Isis[/name] (on this site says Egyptian, which is semi true, b/c it was a goddess of their, but the name is originally Greek)
> [name]Melia[/name]
> [name]Helena[/name]
> [name]Hera[/name]
> [name]Petra[/name]

Congrats and good luck!!

i [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Theia[/name] (pn. thay [name]AH[/name]?) and [name]Rhea[/name] (pn. [name]Ray[/name]?) together! Its great how they are greek, yet not overbearingly so. I may not be pronouncing the names in the proper form, but i think they work well this way! If [name]Rhea[/name] is pronounced “[name]Ray[/name]-uh”, then im not so sure if they work as nicely together sicne they would be very matchy! But who knows, you may like that since they are twins!

hope this helps!

[name]Nyx[/name]
Tethys
[name]Theia[/name] - I love this!! Definitely use this one :slight_smile:
[name]Hero[/name]
[name]Kalliope[/name]- I like this.
[name]Rhea[/name]
[name]Artemis[/name]- I like this.

I really like [name]Phoebe[/name], which is a greek name. It is originally spelt Phoibe, so if you like that spelling it is also great!

Phoibe & [name]Theia[/name]
[name]Kalliope[/name] & [name]Theia[/name]
[name]Artemis[/name] & [name]Theia[/name]

:slight_smile:

[name]Nyx[/name] - I like it but I don’t like how it sounds like the verb to nix something
Tethys - how is this pronounced? tay-this (like thistle) or teh-this?
[name]Theia[/name] - beautiful
[name]Hero[/name] - may be a little too much
[name]Kalliope[/name] - I like this one although it will blend a little with the current [name]Cali[/name], [name]Kayla[/name], [name]Kylie[/name], [name]Kiera[/name] trend.
[name]Rhea[/name] - lovely
[name]Artemis[/name] - I don’t really like the way this one sounds and it may be too much

Open to more suggestions?
[name]Chara[/name]/[name]Charis[/name]
[name]Xanthe[/name]
[name]Xenia[/name]
Thais
[name]Thalia[/name]
Eumelia

[name]Clio[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] and Leto
[name]Artemis[/name] and [name]Athena[/name] (natch)
[name]Artemisia[/name] and [name]Persephone[/name]
Eos and [name]Ursa[/name]/[name]Ursula[/name]
[name]Hero[/name] and Metis
[name]Gaia[/name] and [name]Nyx[/name]
Pandia and [name]Selena[/name]
[name]Echo[/name] and [name]Psyche[/name] (cool but brave)

Some other greek names:

[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Phaedra[/name]

I actually [name]LOVE[/name] both the names [name]Theia[/name] and [name]Rhea[/name]…however I don’t know how you feel about matchy names. [name]Cassandra[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] are two other really beautiful Greek names that you might want to consider; [name]Phoebe[/name] in particular isn’t too common, which I know you said was one of your factors in choosing. Good luck!

[name]Nyx[/name] - seems a little sci-fi
Tethys - I think there will be pronunciation issues.
[name]Theia[/name] - What about [name]Althea[/name] nn [name]Thea[/name]?
[name]Hero[/name] - I like it, but I wouldn’t use it.
[name]Kalliope[/name] - I know K is the traditional Greek spelling, but unfortunately it makes names look trendy. I love [name]Calliope[/name].
[name]Rhea[/name] - I like it
[name]Artemis[/name] - This seems like a lot of name

Other suggestions…
[name]Dana[/name]”
[name]Evadne[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Leda[/name]
[name]Maia[/name]
[name]Melaina[/name]
[name]Selene[/name]

UPDATE: We ended up going with Tethys [name]Rhea[/name] and [name]Hero[/name] [name]Theia[/name].

Thanks for the comments!

I was just going to say why not name one of them [name]Xanthe[/name] my baby granddaughter. It is a true Greek classic.

All the best!

sorry for repeat now deleted

I really like vim’s pair suggestions of

[name]Clio[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name]

and

[name]Artemis[/name] and [name]Athena[/name]

I would also like to suggest the pair [name]Leda[/name] and [name]Danae[/name] – which are my two favorite feminine names from Greek myth.

[name]Just[/name] read the post that your names are decided. Congrats! Still would love to meet twins named [name]Leda[/name] and [name]Danae[/name] someday. :slight_smile:

I like both names [name]Rhea[/name] and Thiea, although they may sound too close for twins. What about [name]Rhea[/name] and [name]Tahlia[/name]?

Kalyana or Kalyani are pretty and unique ([name]Kali[/name] for a nn).

[name]Hero[/name]'s cute for a boy but I prefer [name]Theo[/name].