Liv or longer?

I really love the name [name_f]Liv[/name_f] for my protagonist, it fits just right, but I think its a bit short. I’ve looked at the name [name_f]Liva[/name_f] which I do like, but I detest the pronunciation [name_m]Leave[/name_m]-ah and much prefer the L-eye-vah pronunciation (which may or not exist I may have made it up). The thing is, that would be hard to convey in writing. So the question(s) I’m asking is, do I stick with [name_f]Liv[/name_f], Are there any suggestions for [name_f]Liv[/name_f]- names, and the pronunciation of [name_f]Liva[/name_f]. Also, I have considered spelling it Livva, Lyva, Or Lyvva, to get the achived pronunciation but nore of them seem to work quite right. Suggestions?

If I saw Lyva I would pronounce it like LIE-vuh.

I do like that pronunciation, more than [name_m]Leave[/name_m]-uh.

But you could always use [name_f]Livia[/name_f]?

:wink:

I think [name_f]Livia[/name_f] is beautiful, but I have a strict mental policy for myself that I cant use names of characters from books I like because when I do that I end up writing about that character instead of mine. The character I love with the name is [name_f]Livia[/name_f] Blackthorn from the Dark Artifices series by [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. There are some similarities in looks and I don’t want to feel like I’m just rewriting another author’s character.

1 Like

ahhh ok!

Then I would go with [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. just adding one letter to the end doesn’t really change it imo

1 Like

Thank you for your help!

I like just [name_f]Liv[/name_f]!

1 Like