Long List need opinions!

I read a post that was similar to my situation, and your opinions could help me with my list!
I’m not finding out the sex of my baby, its going to be a surprise. But i have a very long list for each gender that i can’t narrow down.
So can you give me your first reaction and thoughts about each name? Thanks!
*= favorites

*[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name] (nn [name]Leo[/name])
*[name]Henry[/name]
*[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Forrest[/name]
*[name]August[/name]
*[name]Nesta[/name]

*[name]Indigo[/name]
[name]Dora[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
*[name]Nesta[/name]
*[name]Theodora[/name] (nn [name]Dora[/name])

*[name]Atticus[/name]-I love this name. I actually like it more for the Classical connection. But I cannot imagine at toddler [name]Atticus[/name]. I wish it had a good nn.
[name]Leopold[/name] (nn [name]Leo[/name])-[name]Leo[/name] is better by itself I think.
*[name]Henry[/name]-[name]FAVORITE[/name]!
*[name]Peter[/name]-Second favorite-
[name]Forrest[/name]-too many run, forrest, fun jokes.
*[name]August[/name]-I don’t like it.
*[name]Nesta[/name]-Sounds a little girlie

*[name]Indigo[/name]-Doesn’t really “fit” with the boys’ names you listed
[name]Dora[/name]-Cute, I like [name]Nora[/name] better though.
[name]Alice[/name]-[name]Favorite[/name]
*[name]Nesta[/name]-okay, I think of a curly haired old lady though
*[name]Theodora[/name] (nn [name]Dora[/name])-Cute

*[name]Atticus[/name] - it’s a little too “ancient” for me
[name]Leopold[/name] (nn [name]Leo[/name]) - I like it, it sounds so regal.
*[name]Henry[/name] - beautiful name, although it is getting rather popular I think
*[name]Peter[/name] - love it, truly love it
[name]Forrest[/name] - [name]Forrest[/name] Gump and forests speak against it
*[name]August[/name] - a very nice name
*[name]Nesta[/name] - according to the name page it’s actually a girls name, but I don’t like it for girls either

*[name]Indigo[/name] - strikes me more as a boys name, and a good one too
[name]Dora[/name] - [name]Dora[/name] the [name]Explorer[/name], and it’s a little too short
[name]Alice[/name] - lovely name
*[name]Nesta[/name] - as said above
*[name]Theodora[/name] (nn [name]Dora[/name]) - truly lovely

[name]Atticus[/name]-It’s a bit hipster for my taste, but I think I could learn to like it on another child.
[name]Leopold[/name] ([name]Leo[/name])- I actually really like this one, especially b/c it has an accesible nn.
[name]Henry[/name]-Classic and wonderful
[name]Peter[/name]-I would love to see more little Peters. Solid, strong, dependable, but not over-used
[name]Forrest[/name]-this strikes me as a very Southern name. [name]Nathan[/name] [name]Bedford[/name] [name]Forrest[/name] is the usual namesake.
[name]August[/name]-Cool without trying too hard.
[name]Nesta[/name]-NO! Your others are far better!

[name]Indigo[/name]-Ummm. This is just too hippy-dippy for me. [name]Indigo[/name] Girls.
[name]Dora[/name]-You know, I love this. I would be so excited to meet a little [name]Dora[/name]. [name]Dora[/name] the [name]Explorer[/name] will not own this name forever. It’s too good.
[name]Alice[/name]-[name]Lovely[/name] and understated.
[name]Nesta[/name]-[name]Just[/name] say no!
[name]Theodora[/name]-I’m not a fan of the [name]Theo[/name]/[name]Thea[/name] names, but I can support it as a way to get to [name]Dora[/name].

Faves: [name]Henry[/name], [name]Peter[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Dora[/name]/[name]Theodora[/name]

*[name]Atticus[/name] - I really love this name and would love to see a little [name]Atticus[/name] or [name]Atti[/name] running around.
[name]Leopold[/name] (nn [name]Leo[/name]) - I can see the appeal to this name, but I am not in love with it. sorry.
*[name]Henry[/name] - I adore this name, so handsome and strong.
*[name]Peter[/name] - I think this name is such a great name. Makes me think of a kingly guy.
[name]Forrest[/name] - doesn’t seem to match with the rest of your list. I am not really a fan for a fn but it could work for a mn.
*[name]August[/name] - I love the nn [name]Gus[/name] [name]Gus[/name] or [name]Augie[/name] and for that reason I would use this name!
*[name]Nesta[/name] - This is technically a girls name, just because the Rossdales’ used it for Zuma’s middle name doesn’t make it masculine. not a fan. It is a variant of [name]Agnes[/name].

*[name]Indigo[/name] - I would rather see [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Crimson[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Hyacinth[/name], [name]Lavender[/name], [name]Lilac[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Sienna[/name] or [name]Titian[/name] on a little girl.
[name]Dora[/name] - the explorer, honestly that is all I can think of with this name.
[name]Alice[/name] - not a huge fan of this name, I know it is popular among NB members, but I just don’t really like it.
*[name]Nesta[/name] - I don’t like the name [name]Agnes[/name] and this variant isn’t prettiest name.
*[name]Theodora[/name] (nn [name]Dora[/name])[/quote] - I prefer the masculine [name]Theodore[/name] to this name.

My favorite names are: [name]Atticus[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Peter[/name] and [name]August[/name]. I am not a fan of your female names, sorry.

*[name]Atticus[/name] - I used to really love this name. I still like it a lot but I guess because a lot of celebs have been using it and it’s rising in popularity I’m a bit bored of it. But it’s a great name with a brilliant literary connection.
[name]Leopold[/name] (nn [name]Leo[/name]) - I love this name! [name]Leopold[/name] sounds so sophisticated and [name]Leo[/name] is fun and spunky. A perfect combination!
*[name]Henry[/name] - a wonderful classic name that is pretty popular. I like [name]Henry[/name] and I love the nicknames ([name]Hank[/name], [name]Harry[/name], [name]Hal[/name]) but I personally can’t get past the popularity.
*[name]Peter[/name] - this name feels classic but underused. I’m not as fond of [name]Pete[/name]/[name]Petey[/name], but [name]Peter[/name] is great (I’m also a big [name]Peter[/name] [name]Pan[/name] fan).
[name]Forrest[/name] - I like this name more as a middle. It’s not my favorite on your list and as a nature name it feels a little too obvious.
*[name]August[/name] - I sort of feel the same about this name as I do [name]Forrest[/name]. I like [name]August[/name] a lot but I prefer it in the middle. I would use something like [name]Augustus[/name] or [name]Augustin[/name] because it feels more like a name to me. I particularly like the nickname [name]Gus[/name].
*[name]Nesta[/name] - Is this meant to be on the girls list? It feels and sounds like a girls name to me and a quick search shows its a variant of [name]Agnes[/name]. It’s cute for a girl, but way too feminine on a boy.

*[name]Indigo[/name] - I love this name! It’s one of my favorite word names out there and it has a spunky “O” ending.
[name]Dora[/name] - I like this but I think it works best as a nickname (esp. to avoid the [name]Dora[/name] the [name]Explorer[/name] connection). [name]Dorothy[/name]/[name]Dorothea[/name], [name]Theodora[/name] and [name]Isadora[/name] are all great options.
[name]Alice[/name] - I love this name. It’s quaint but beautiful.
*[name]Nesta[/name] - It’s cute but I don’t love it. It lacks substance to me, but maybe that’s because I’m unfamiliar with it as a name.
*[name]Theodora[/name] (nn [name]Dora[/name]) - [name]AH[/name] I love this name! It’s one of my favorites. You should totally use this with the nn [name]Dora[/name]- it combines two of your favorites!

My favorite boy name on your list is [name]Leopold[/name] and my favorite girl name is [name]Theodora[/name]. [name]Leopold[/name] and [name]Theodora[/name] ([name]Leo[/name] and [name]Dora[/name]) would make an awesome sibset!

[name]Nesta[/name] is a unisex name, though a lot of name web sights only recognize it as female. [name]Bob[/name] [name]Marley[/name]'s original name was [name]Nesta[/name] [name]Robert[/name] [name]Marley[/name]. Although i just adore the name, no connections to [name]Bob[/name] [name]Marley[/name].
Thanks for everyone who replied!

*[name]Atticus[/name]- very cool, good literary connotations, you can’t go wrong!
[name]Leopold[/name] (nn [name]Leo[/name])- [name]Leopold[/name] would make a great mn, I can’t see a teenage boy loving his name, though he’s sure to love [name]Leo[/name]!
*[name]Henry[/name]- A sweet name, reminds me of a literary-geek who never realizes all the girls have crushes on him!
*[name]Peter[/name]- I, personally, have never liked [name]Peter[/name], and I cannot honestly tell you why at all, there’s nothing wrong with the name therefore it’s just a matter of taste.
[name]Forrest[/name]-If I chose I would elliminate this name from the boys list, I like others more.
*[name]August[/name]- [name]August[/name] for a boy is beginning to grow on me; I still like others better
*[name]Nesta[/name]- I can’t get over the celeb baby [name]Nesta[/name] and I really didn’t like it on that baby, it reminds me of Nestle, or a birds nest which is just awful of me to say! I’m so sorry!

*[name]Indigo[/name]- She’s a jazz singer in a nightclub, has a steady boyfriend who buys her flowers and a laugh that’s contagious- I love her, you love, everyone should love [name]Indigo[/name]!
[name]Dora[/name]- I think [name]Dora[/name] is sweet and underused, you’de be flying under the radar!
[name]Alice[/name]- [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Dora[/name] would be great sisters!
*[name]Nesta[/name]- See above, sorry, sorry, sorry!
*[name]Theodora[/name] (nn [name]Dora[/name])[/quote]- Cool name, I can see her being as cool as [name]Indigo[/name], but as sweet as [name]Alice[/name], they all three could be a bomb-squad of cool unique sisters!

If I had to elliminate some of your names you would be left with

[name]Indigo[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Theodora[/name] for girls.

[name]Atticus[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Henry[/name] and [name]August[/name] for boys.

I could see [name]Indigo[/name] wit waist long dark brown hair, [name]Alice[/name] with blonde streked braids and bangs covered by a sweet berret a book in hand, and [name]Theodora[/name] with dark curly hair, a bit curvier with a leader’s gifts.

[name]Atticus[/name] would be the school’s student advisor and everyone would love him, he is very loyal, esspecially to that one special girl.
[name]Leo[/name] is a soccer player, who loves to swim and participate in weekend camping adventures.
[name]Henry[/name] as I said is always hanging around the library, never noticing how the girls are always eyeing him.
[name]August[/name] plays guitar in his room, he’s no poser, he loves poetry, but isn’t a sap. Loves a good movie, a bit of a homebody.

[name]Hope[/name] I helped!

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name] <3