Long list of girl's names- - Lemon are you there?

Huge apologies for reactivating an old thread. I just wondered if anyone else has an opinion which might help me to narrow my list down. I have noticed that some posters seems to stick to the girl’s names side so, v cheekily, I am posting over here too!

[name]Just[/name] musing really but any thoughts that you have are much appreciated!
Here is a list of names that I would consider at the moment if we were ever to have another baby.
Some of them are probably a bit too far out for me to actually use but I like them all the same!

Here goes:

[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Amandine[/name] ? is this just pretentious if you are not of French descent?
[name]Amaryllis[/name]- probably far too much in reality but I really love it!
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]- short and sweet but ? classic enough
[name]Olympia[/name]- ditto [name]Amaryllis[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]- a bit concerned by large increases in popularity recently but still love it!
[name]Valentina[/name]- how useable is this without Spanish/ Russian heritage?

Thank you in advance!!
mummyto3 :smiley:

PS have probably ruled some of these names out now but thought I would stick with the original list!
PPS Sorry to put your name up there lemon- I just love reading your opinions so much as they are always well written and so considered! Of course, there are lots of other posters with wonderful opinions but quite a lot of them have already helped!!

[name]Aurora[/name]- This is a real classic name & I love the nn [name]Rory[/name] but I feel like [name]Aurelia[/name] might be a little more user friendly.
[name]Amandine[/name]- I’m not a fan of the name [name]Amanda[/name] & I just think [name]Amanda[/name] when I see this name.
[name]Amaryllis[/name]- I would agree it might bee a little too far out but it sounds real whimsical.
[name]Camille[/name]- I prefer [name]Camilla[/name] & I love the nn [name]Mila[/name].
[name]Cassia[/name]- This is nice, I think I would call her [name]Cass[/name].
[name]Daphne[/name]- Hmmm, it’s ok.
[name]Flora[/name]- It’s cute. You may also like [name]Fleur[/name].
[name]Genevieve[/name]- Never been a fan but it does have alot of nn potential.
[name]Gwendolen[/name]- I don’t like this name at all, sorry.
[name]Isadora[/name]- I’m tired of all the Is names.
[name]Nola[/name]- Short & sweet, I really like this.
[name]Olympia[/name]- Unusual but cool. I’d def. call her [name]Oly[/name], which is so cute.
[name]Penelope[/name]- I love the quirkiness of this name.
[name]Valentina[/name]- This name is strong and exotic and I think it could work anyways without being Spanish or Russian. You may also like [name]Valencia[/name] or [name]Vega[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]!

You’re right - I pretty much only comment on the Girl’s Names threads nowadays - I think I’m better at that then boy’s names…

[name]Aurora[/name] - I think [name]Aurora[/name] is great, and I like the mythological connections and the meaning of the name. It has a lovely, ethereal quality that makes it seem very soft and feminine, yet those R’s anchor the name and give it presence. My only objection to [name]Aurora[/name] is that it can become a bit of a tongue twister with those repeated R’s, especially for a young child.

[name]Amandine[/name] - I think this is a cool name, especially if you ever wanted to honor an [name]Amanda[/name], but it does have a bit of a pretentious feel to it. Or, maybe I just don’t find it particularly accessible because I’m an American. I think it is pretty, and it definitely has a subtle feminine flair that really appeals to me, but I don’t know that I would want to risk it. Could you save it for a middle name?

[name]Amaryllis[/name] - Oh, goodness. Yes, I agree with you, this is definitely too far out there for a first name in my opinion. And, I say that from the perspective of someone who has met a woman named [name]Hyacinth[/name] (I think that’s a bit much, too.). It’s not a name I’d want to have to explain all the time, myself, so I wouldn’t personally bestow it on a child. It’s a fun way to get [name]Mary[/name] into a name, though! Again, I’d save [name]Amaryllis[/name] for a middle name, because it could really add some extra spunk and punch to a classic, a la [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Amaryllis[/name]…

[name]Camille[/name] - Such a pretty, underused name! I don’t like [name]Cam[/name] or [name]Cammie[/name], but [name]Camille[/name] is short enough that you don’t need a nickname, necessarily. This name is elegant, sophisticated, and feminine yet it maintains a sense of playfulness and fun. The subtle French undertones give the name an added boost of glamor, too. I think it’s a winner!

[name]Cassia[/name] - Oh, I’ve been wanting someone to use this for ages! It’s so spunky, fresh, and playful, and I think it would be perfect for a little girl or a grown woman. I say it with the three syllable ([name]CASS[/name]-ee-ah) pronunciation instead of the two syllable one ([name]CASH[/name]-uh), and I don’t even mind the [name]Cassie[/name] nickname, though some might see that as dated. The name is oozing with feminine flair and the “cinnamon” meaning is too good to be true, right? Perfect name.

[name]Daphne[/name] - [name]Daphne[/name] is a great understated mythological name, but it always reminds me of [name]Daphne[/name] from Scooby Doo. Blame that on my little cousin who is basically obsessed with Scooby Doo, okay? Now, I think [name]Daphne[/name] is fun and elegant, but it sounds a little 1950s to me and I’m not sure I’d like being called [name]Daphne[/name], myself. I think it could be an interesting middle name, but I’m not sure I’d use it out front.

[name]Flora[/name] - This is a great way to use a flower name without using a flower name, so to speak. It’s also a great way to honor a [name]Florence[/name] without using a dated, grandma name (sorry to anybody named [name]Florence[/name] out there!). It’s soft and feminine in an almost ethereal, light way, yet it isn’t so light as to not be taken seriously. I think it is elegant and beautiful, and it would pair nicely with some of your other names, as in [name]Flora[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name] or [name]Flora[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name].

[name]Genevieve[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name] French name with so much romantic flair and feminine charm! I say it with the American - English? - pronunciation, but I think any way you say this is just lovely. I’ve only personally met one, but I see this name climbing the charts, especially in the US. It’s got everything you want in a name - flair, style, elegance, and spunky character! Plus, as of right now, it’s unique enough that you won’t meet another one in every play group. I think in a while it could be poised to take over for the current French favorite, [name]Madeleine[/name] (or [name]Madeline[/name], [name]Madelyn[/name], [name]Madelaine[/name], etc.)…

[name]Gwendolen[/name] - You know this is one of my personal favorites, partly because it sounds so elegant and soft while still being so strong and partly because of the fun and classic [name]Gwen[/name] nickname. But the kicker for me is always a good literary connection, and this name has that! [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Fairfax[/name] in [name]Oscar[/name] Wilde’s ‘The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name]’ is just such fun - she’s snarky and perky and almost a character you love to hate, in a good way. Not only does [name]Oscar[/name] have a way with words, he’s got a way with names. [name]Cecily[/name] (Cardew) is another favorite of mine! I personally don’t think you can go wrong with this name, and just as [name]Flora[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name] sounds divine, [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Flora[/name] is just as lovely!

[name]Isadora[/name] - I’m not a [name]Dora[/name] fan, and the only form of [name]Isabella[/name] I like is [name]Isabel[/name]. I like that this takes you away from the traditional [name]Isabella[/name] when that name is just astronomically popular, but I feel like we’ve made a baby step instead of a giant leap. Now, NB says that [name]Dora[/name] is poised to make a breakthrough, but I’m not sure how that can happen when ‘[name]Dora[/name] the [name]Explorer[/name]’ is still so popular. Parents in the 1990s weren’t naming their kids [name]Barney[/name], so I am wary of those who name their children [name]Dora[/name] today. Also, this is just a lot of name - it makes me think of some mythical woman sitting behind a crystal ball or something.

[name]Nola[/name] - [name]Nola[/name] is so much more elegant and fun than [name]Nora[/name] for me, even though the rest of NB seems to fawn over [name]Nora[/name] (sorry, [name]Nora[/name] lovers!). However, I don’t think it has enough substance to stand alone as a first name; it’s better suited for a nickname in my opinion, or maybe a middle name if you don’t like something like [name]Finola[/name].

[name]Olympia[/name] - Oh, yes, ditto [name]Amaryllis[/name]. In fact, I think I’d rather use [name]Amaryllis[/name] than [name]Olympia[/name]! [name]Olympia[/name] reminds me of Mount [name]Olympus[/name] and The Olympic Games, and I just feel like it isn’t accessible for Americans or Brits, or anyone but maybe someone Greek, perhaps. And, if you thought [name]Amandine[/name] was pretentious, this feels even more pretentious to me. I can’t really put my finger on it, but I just don’t have a good feel about this one for you…

[name]Penelope[/name] - I think [name]Penelope[/name] is just widely popular on NB, and rightly so, because it’s a fabulous, spunky, whimsical name with so much character! In fact, I just adore it. You’ve got so many nicknames in [name]Pen[/name], [name]Penny[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Nell[/name], and even [name]Posey[/name], and the name in full just screams understated elegance. This is a great pick, for sure. I know it might be getting more attention in [name]Britain[/name], but I don’t see it soaring up the charts in the same way that feminine classics, vintage favorites, and florals will be.

[name]Valentina[/name] - I think it can be usable without Spanish or Russian heritage, but it seems like a lot of name for a little girl. Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like girls in Spanish and Russian families are generally given long names, so [name]Valentina[/name] wouldn’t be out of place, but with more English favorites like [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Lily[/name], and [name]Emma[/name], [name]Valentina[/name] feels like a bit much. It’s such a pretty, elegant name though, conveying such strength and sophistication, that I don’t want to tell you to kick it off the list. Let it steep, and maybe you’ll come to some conclusion on it. If not a first name, it would make a stunning middle name - just don’t use it for a February baby!

Okay, hopefully this was helpful. My favorites off your list are [name]Gwendolen[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Camille[/name], [name]Cassia[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], and [name]Flora[/name], but [name]Valentina[/name] is so beautiful, too. Let me know if I can do any more for you! Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Many, many thanks for the responses so far- I will read them shortly!
I have foolishly forgotten to mention the names of my other children as I was also wanting comments on which of these names would fit best!

Which of these names is best with the above?

[name]Cassia[/name], [name]Flora[/name], and [name]Gwendolen[/name]. Unfortunately, [name]Penelope[/name] is too close to [name]Cecily[/name], and I’m even wary of using [name]Cecily[/name] and [name]Gwendolen[/name] together because of the ‘Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name]’ connection that any literature buff will see. And, [name]Cassia[/name] starts with the same letter as [name]Cecily[/name] - is that a problem?

[name]Flora[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Flora[/name] [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Flora[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name], and [name]Flora[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] would all be pretty! Oh, and [name]Flora[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]!

Well since you mentioned your other children’s names [name]Flora[/name] does fit in the best. And the pp’s suggestion of [name]Flora[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] is gorgeous.

I like [name]Lemon[/name]'s posts too :slight_smile:
I usually only post in girls names and the main “what are you considering” I feel like I don’t know alot about boys names.

Of your names, I like [name]Aurora[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Isadora[/name], and [name]Nola[/name] best. (lol those all rhyme)

[name]Nola[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Nola[/name] [name]Amaryllis[/name] would be pretty!
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] [name]Olympia[/name] are nice too.

*I really like [name]Amaryllis[/name]! It’s so pretty, but not “first name material” as you said.

I know I tend to stick to the girls names too. I’m far too young to think about having children, but I know I want to have a little girl in the future, and it’s never to early to start on finding a name you love!

[name]Aurora[/name] - Very pretty, and I love the association with [name]Aurora[/name] Borealis. Sometimes I think this name doesn’t have enough substance to it, likely because of the vowel to consonant ratio. I think [name]Aurora[/name] would be better suited as a middle name, personally.

[name]Amandine[/name] ? is this just pretentious if you are not of French descent? - I don’t think so. I think it’s a lovely name that would look gorgeous embroidered on a blanket or a pillow or a something else that would be given as a gift to her. Still, it reminds me of green beans almondine.

[name]Amaryllis[/name]- probably far too much in reality but I really love it! - Awe, I love [name]Amaryllis[/name]! It just flows off the tongue, and I can’t help but think of a rosy cheeked little girl who plays piano (obviously because of [name]Amaryllis[/name] from The [name]Music[/name] [name]Man[/name]). [name]Mary[/name] or [name]May[/name] could be possible nicknames. But I think it’s a little over the top with your other children’s names.

[name]Camille[/name] - [name]Camille[/name] is soooo classy, but I think it’s approachable. [name]Cammie[/name] is a cute but obvious nickname. I wouldn’t use it, though, because [name]Cecily[/name] also starts with a C, but that might not be a problem for you.

[name]Cassia[/name] - Is spunky, I think. I imagine it on a little girl who’s a little tomboyish and girly at the same time–like she plays will dolls but pretends they’re secret agents or superheros saving the world. It’s a feminine name without being too frilly. As I said above, though, [name]Cecily[/name] also starts with C.

[name]Daphne[/name] - I’ve never liked [name]Daphne[/name]. Too many associations with Scooby Doo, which is still pretty popular among the under 8 crowd (okay, I admit it, I still watch it sometimes… :P) and even though it might sound pretty when you say it, it would sound so awkward when someone with a cold or just a very nasally voice would say it.

[name]Flora[/name] - One of my favorite names ever! It’s just so sweet, and innocent. It’s a very princessy name, and I think it fits best with [name]Maia[/name], [name]Lucas[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name].

[name]Genevieve[/name] - It’s a little much with your other childrens’ names, but I think this name is beautiful as well. A middle name possibility.

[name]Gwendolen[/name] - Very adorable :smiley: but still just a little too much. Maybe as a middle name?

[name]Isadora[/name] - I love this name too! I think it would go beautifully with [name]Genevieve[/name]. [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name].

[name]Nola[/name]- short and sweet but ? classic enough - As with [name]Aurora[/name], this name just doesn’t seem substantial enough. It’s cute, yes, but what about [name]Mila[/name]?

[name]Olympia[/name]- ditto [name]Amaryllis[/name] - It’s so sweet and pretty but so powerful and strong at the same time. [name]Olympia[/name] is a wonderful name but I think it would stick out like a sore thumb with [name]Maia[/name], [name]Lucas[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name], but I think it would work beautifully at the same time. I love [name]Olympia[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name]. Finally, Imp, [name]Mia[/name], [name]Pia[/name] and [name]Olly[/name] would work as nicknames.

[name]Penelope[/name]- a bit concerned by large increases in popularity recently but still love it! - I think it’s a very sweet name, but I don’t think it has the right zing too it that [name]Maia[/name], [name]Lucas[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] have.

[name]Valentina[/name]- how useable is this without Spanish/ Russian heritage? - Completely usable, I think. I’m not a fan, though, and I think it’s a little too pretentious. And I admit, I can’t stand the holiday either, but I would prefer a [name]Valentina[/name] over another [name]Maddison[/name]/[name]Madison[/name]/Madysyn/Mayddysyn/Ridiculous (pronounced like [name]Madison[/name])/Qmadison (silent Q) anyday.

My favorites: [name]Amandine[/name], [name]Cassia[/name], [name]Flora[/name] and [name]Olympia[/name]

[name]Cassia[/name], [name]Flora[/name], and [name]Gwendolen[/name]. Unfortunately, [name]Penelope[/name] is too close to [name]Cecily[/name], and I’m even wary of using [name]Cecily[/name] and [name]Gwendolen[/name] together because of the ‘Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name]’ connection that any literature buff will see. And, [name]Cassia[/name] starts with the same letter as [name]Cecily[/name] - is that a problem?

[name]Flora[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Flora[/name] [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Flora[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name], and [name]Flora[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] would all be pretty! Oh, and [name]Flora[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :-)[/quote]

Thx [name]Lemon[/name]! I agree with most of your comments (even when I don’t agree, I still like to read your comments)!! [name]Do[/name] you not think that [name]Camille[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] fit well with the other children’s names? [name]Do[/name] you think they are too French? I kind of like them :smiley:

I’m not sure I see [name]Penelope[/name] as too close to [name]Cecily[/name], especially as she would probably have a nn like [name]Nell[/name] when little.

I love [name]Flora[/name] but, in the UK, there is a v well known brand of margarine called ‘[name]Flora[/name]’ and this association is a strong one. Most people won’t be aware of the origins of the names and will probably think of the margarine first of all! I still love [name]Flora[/name] though- it has the same delicate femininity of the other names without being overly showy and I like the [name]Roman[/name] [name]Goddess[/name] connections. I love [name]Flora[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]. I would definitely prefer to use an exotic mn if we choose a more English sounding fn (children are mixed race and exotic looking)!

[name]Gwendolen[/name]- It’s funny because I don’t see this as the best match for the other names myself. I find it a bit heavier, whereas [name]Genevieve[/name], for example seems lighter. I think it is a fantastic, characterful name though!

[name]Cassia[/name]- I think it is feminine and sweet. The two "C’ names aren’t ideal but the sounds are quite different… Anyway, I won’t discount it for that reason.

You childrens names are lovely. [name]Cecily[/name] is our favorite girls name as well and [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] is exceptionally beautiful.

[name]Aurora[/name]- Hmm I live close to [name]Denver[/name] so all I can think of is the suburb. This name does have the feminine dainty feeling that both [name]Maia[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] do. For that reason I would keep this one.
[name]Amandine[/name]- I dont like this one at all. I’m not even sure how to correctly prn it.
[name]Amaryllis[/name]- hmm, kinda far out there for a fn but might make an interesting mn.
[name]Camille[/name]- This is lovely and feminine and would go well with [name]Maia[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name].
[name]Cassia[/name]- Is it prn [name]Cass[/name]-ia or [name]Cash[/name]-uh? I really dont think it is a that pretty either way.
[name]Daphne[/name]- This one would go really well with the others.
[name]Flora[/name]- I’m a biologist so all I can think of it normal flora bacteria.
[name]Genevieve[/name]- This is in our top 3 as well. I love it with the others. It is feminine and chic and will age well.
[name]Gwendolen[/name]- Another one of my favorites. I love the connection to The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name]. I doubt many people will catch on to the reference though. I would keep this one on the list for sure.
[name]Isadora[/name]- Eh, this is a little to fufu for me, also I dont really like the sound.
[name]Nola[/name]- I love this one too! It is a short and sweet, like [name]Maia[/name], but also feminine and dainty like [name]Cecily[/name].
[name]Olympia[/name]-Yeah this one is a little out there out there along with the others.
[name]Penelope[/name]- I like this one too. Very pretty but still not as popular as [name]Maia[/name] and [name]Lucas[/name] are, so I think its safe to use.
[name]Valentina[/name]-This sounds a little off next to the English [name]Cecily[/name] imo.

Ones I would keep: [name]Aurora[/name], [name]Camille[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Gwendolen[/name], [name]Nola[/name], and [name]Penelope[/name].

I like alot of your names!

[name]Aurora[/name] - I really like this name, but it is the name of a city close to me, I couldn’t see using it on a child for that reason, but it is a very pretty name.
[name]Amandine[/name]- I would use this name if I didn’t have a friend named [name]Amanda[/name]! It is really beautiful
[name]Amaryllis[/name]- So pretty, but I wouldn’t use it, personally.
[name]Camille[/name] - I like this name and had it on my long list, but DH didn’t like it b/c he felt it is too much of a “hispanic” name.
[name]Cassia[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this name!
[name]Daphne[/name] - this name is just ok for me
[name]Flora[/name] - I used to think this name was strange, but it has really grown on me. I still like some of your other choices better.
[name]Genevieve[/name] - This was also on my long list, but DH vetoed it also. POOP!
[name]Gwendolen[/name] - A very nice name, but one that I wouldn’t use.
[name]Isadora[/name] - This really appeals to me, but also reminds me of “[name]Dora[/name] the [name]Explorer[/name]”.
[name]Nola[/name]- I don’t really care for this name
[name]Olympia[/name]- see [name]Amaryllis[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]- It is beautiful, but I don’t think it is too popular to use right now.
[name]Valentina[/name]- Funny. [name]Just[/name] last night we thought about changing our daughter’s mn to this. DH has a [name]Valentine[/name] in his family line, and I suggested [name]Valentina[/name]. He didn’t like it, but I thought it was so beautiful! But this is as a mn. I don’t see why you can’t use it, so many people are crossing over into other ethnicities to find names they love. Take [name]Francesca[/name], an Italian name, but soooo many people are using it. The same with [name]Anya[/name], [name]Katia[/name]/[name]Katya[/name]/[name]Katja[/name], and [name]Lucia[/name].

So, my absolute favorites from your list are:
[name]Amandine[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name]
I really can’t choose one over the other, they are all equally beautiful, but yet each one is distinct and unique. If I had to pick a top 3, it would be [name]Cassia[/name], [name]Isadora[/name] and [name]Valentina[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], again!

Yes, I think [name]Camille[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] could both work with your sibling set of [name]Maia[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], and [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Camille[/name] more so than [name]Genevieve[/name]. [name]Genevieve[/name] feels very princess-like to me, very feminine and glamorous, whereas [name]Maia[/name] feels more laid-back and playful and [name]Cecily[/name] feels slightly more whimsical than romantic, like [name]Genevieve[/name]. Certainly, it could work, though, and I can see a child matching your description being called [name]Genevieve[/name]. [name]Camille[/name] seems to bridge the gap between elegant feminine flair and spunky, playfulness, so it would be a nice fit, too. I am just reluctant to say so considering it begins in a C like [name]Cecily[/name]…

I chose [name]Cassia[/name] because it has a very similar spunky charm to [name]Maia[/name]'s name, yet it sounds unusual and intriguing like [name]Cecily[/name]. I leave [name]Lucas[/name] out in many of these conversations because [name]Lucas[/name] is a traditional classic that sounds nice with more popular names like [name]Maia[/name] and more vintage names like [name]Cecily[/name]. He bridges that gap perfectly! And, I chose [name]Gwendolen[/name] because she’s very much like [name]Camille[/name] to me. Maybe not quite as romantic, but certainly as sophisticated and elegant. [name]Gwendolen[/name] has a bit more spunk than [name]Camille[/name], and she’s obviously perfect with the whimsical vintage choice of [name]Cecily[/name], but she could definitely work with [name]Maia[/name], I think!

That’s a shame that [name]Flora[/name] is a margarine brand. [name]Flora[/name] just really fit well with your kids’ names, but if not [name]Flora[/name], I really do love [name]Gwendolen[/name] with the names - except for the whole ‘Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name]’ connection! And, I see [name]Penelope[/name] being too close to [name]Cecily[/name] because the vowel sounds of the E’s and I’s are very similar when I say them, that’s all…

After reading the other posts, I saw your other children’s names. I would use [name]Valentina[/name] as a mn. [name]Nola[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] or [name]Camille[/name] [name]Valentina[/name] I like the best.

I think I am better at commenting on girl’s names too!
I find [name]Nola[/name] a tricky one and I tend to swing between thinking it is too much like a nn and thinking it is sweet, sassy and feminine, like [name]Maia[/name]!
Thank you for replying!

Thank you v much for your comments, bedhead. I love [name]Flora[/name] but am a bit concerned because of the margarine brand in the UK. :smiley:

You’re welcome :slight_smile: I’m leaning towards [name]Camille[/name] now though. I think it’d make a great sib-set with your other children’s names.

Thank you so much for replying, hbyounk and for your thoughtful comments!

Many thx [name]Leah[/name]- I think you have great taste but I would say that!! I haven’t had any regrets using the name [name]Cecily[/name]. A lot of people don’t seem to have heard of it and have a bit of a puzzled look when I tell them her name but, from those who are familiar with it, we have had a lot of compliments :smiley:

Thanks you so much rk! I seem to be one of the few people who like the nn [name]Dora[/name], despite ‘the explorer’ connotations!

Thank you again [name]Lemon[/name]! I love whimsical names- feminine and dreamy but I also like them to be grounded and have a sense of history!
On the list are:

[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
([name]Daphne[/name])- probably not
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
([name]Valentina[/name])- probably not

[name]Do[/name] you have any other ideas of names that would work well?