Long version of Petra

Ok so I loooove the name [name]Petra[/name] BUT I prefer to have a very girly name that I could use it for. Example: my fave girls name that I hope to use someday is Mazarine nn Maz/[name]Maisie[/name]…prefer Maz. I haven’t found anything that appeals to me with regards to an extended version of [name]Petra[/name]. I don’t like any of the suggestions on here when I search for [name]Petra[/name] - [name]Peternella[/name], [name]Petronia[/name], [name]Pierretta[/name], [name]Petronella[/name], [name]Petrona[/name]…they all sound like citronella or petroleum or a type of tequila ;o) Any brilliant suggestions??? Thanks!

xoxo [name]Sheridan[/name]

I like [name]Petra[/name] on its own actually. :slight_smile:

But maybe a few suggestions… I’m sure you’ve seen these already…

> [name]Pierette[/name]
> [name]Piera[/name]
> P”ronelle

Good [name]Luck[/name]!! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Petra[/name], too!

Have you thought about [name]Petrova[/name]? It has most of the same sounds but is longer and more stately. What are you considering for a middle(s)?

Lengthening the name to Petraline would be my suggestion. Maybe Petrana?

[name]Petrine[/name] is a version used in Scandinavia.
As is Petrikke, [name]Petrea[/name] and [name]Petrina[/name]. I’m not sure how appealing they are, but now you know about them!
We also pronounce the last -e in the name, so add an extra syllable pronounced -eh to the end of the ones with that ending and you’ve got the Scandinavian pronunciation more or less right as well :slight_smile:

I am coming around to Petraline and [name]Petrina[/name]… those are interesting. For middle names I am going to use my two middle names, [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name]. (I was named after both grandmothers, and one of the names is my mother’s middle as well).

I also have another name that I [name]LOVE[/name] - Mazarine - and I’m not sure if I prefer that or [name]Petra[/name] more. I’d probably shorten Mazarine to Maz or [name]Maisie[/name]. My feelings are that Mazarine works better with [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name], so [name]Petra[/name] might be used for a second daughter if that ever happens since [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] is set…decisions decisions!!! ;o)

I work with a lady named Petranella.