Longer name for Iris

Hello All,
I am in search of a longer name that can have [name]Iris[/name] as a nickname. I have come across the name Irisabel and Irisabelle in a few places- mostly older census data. In one place I saw [name]Iris[/name] suggested as a nickname for [name]Beatrice[/name] ( I can see if it was spelled [name]Beatris[/name], maybe) but it seems a bit far fetched though. If you have any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your help.
[name]Shelby[/name]

No this is just silly [name]Iris[/name] is a complete name…you don’t need to go making up names just to give her a longer name just to use [name]Iris[/name] as a nickname…this is essentially what drives me crazy about Nameberry…alll these long names just so there is a good way to get to the name you want to use in the first place…if you like [name]Iris[/name] just name her [name]Iris[/name]…

[name]Irissa[/name] is a name.

I prefer [name]Iris[/name] though. Cleaner lined, less contrived.

My first thought was [name]Isadora[/name], it’s got all the right letters. It’s a big stretch though. I do like [name]Iris[/name] all by herself.

[name]Iris[/name] is a legit, beautiful, classy name. Why does it need a longer form?

I agree with everyone else. why does [name]Iris[/name] need a longer form? It’s a full, beautiful flower/[name]Goddess[/name] name in it’s own right…but your the OP so I guess (these are all stretches(

Iracema
Iraida
Iraina
Iratze
[name]Ireland[/name]
Ireta
Iria
Iridia
[name]Irmine[/name]
Irodell
Irvette
[name]Amaris[/name]
Audris
[name]Chloris[/name]
[name]Damaris[/name]
[name]Doris[/name]
[name]Eldoris[/name]
Farsiris
Isairis
Jumaris
Lyris
[name]Tigris[/name]

Personally, I’d just use [name]Iris[/name] but my first thought was Iridace “eye-rid-[name]DAY[/name]-see” or “eer-a-[name]DAY[/name]-see”. Iridaceae is the proper name for the [name]Iris[/name] family

I would suggest finding a name that links to [name]Iris[/name]. I love when links aren’t obvious.

• Does [name]Iris[/name] relate to a book/movie/person/place that’s important to you?
  • Look up the various types of [name]Iris[/name]’ like Hesperantha, Aristea, or Romulea
  • The fleur-de-lis is a [name]Iris[/name]
  • Greek myth: [name]Iris[/name] is a messenger, represented by a rainbow

Because some people have different preferences such as preferring a longer name than four letters…never said I didn’t like [name]Iris[/name] as a name in and of itself- was just looking to see if there was something out there I had not come across before.

Iridessa might work.

Thanks for the suggestions.