Longer name for Remy?

I like the name [name_u]Remy[/name_u] but I don’t particularly like its unisex appeal as I can easily see it slipping into the spotlight for females, following the lead of [name_u]Hadley[/name_u], [name_u]Avery[/name_u] etc…
So I was wondering if there were any longer names for [name_u]Remy[/name_u] besides [name_m]Remington[/name_m]?
I like [name_m]Remington[/name_m] but I want to explore my options.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond :slight_smile:
I appreciate it!

I don’t know what else it could be short for. But I do have to say I love this name for a boy. I really don’t like it for a girl at all. I only ever met someone once w/ this name and he was very handsome and strong so it has a good association for me! But I can understand what you’re worried about as people seem to love giving girls masculine names!

Hmmm…

[name_m]Rembrandt[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_m]Remus[/name_m]…

Some of these might be a stretch:

[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Remus[/name_m]
[name_m]Rembrandt[/name_m]
[name_m]Tremaine[/name_m]
[name_m]Tremont[/name_m]
[name_m]Ephriam[/name_m]
Emeric
[name_u]Emery[/name_u]

Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond :slight_smile:

@lavendyr I’m glad you like the name :slight_smile: I really love it.

@tarah_e Great suggestions and I really like [name_m]Rembrandt[/name_m] alot! I just wonder if it is usable with the strong association to the artist and also the teeth whitener? But I love that name.

@collmcc523 Thank you for the options. I appreciate having all my options and I do not think they are too much of a stretch!

I was going to suggest [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m] as well. What about Jeremiel or Remiel?

I think [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] or [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m] are great suggestions for the nn [name_u]Remy[/name_u]! [name_m]Remington[/name_m] is a great name though. I once met a guy with the name and it seemed quite wearable. In case it helps with your mental image of the name at all, he was tall, quiet, shy, and seemed very nice. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
Emyr
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_m]Remus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m]

I think [name_u]Remy[/name_u] makes a great nickname for a [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m] however I know a boy called [name_u]Remy[/name_u] who doesn’t have a longer form.

[name_m]Emrys[/name_m] nn [name_u]Remy[/name_u] is such a good suggestion! I can’t think of any more, but I love Rémy and it’s very masculine (and [name_m]French[/name_m]) to me.

@southernmaple. I absolutely adore Remiel… I may start a thread asking how usable is [name_m]Rembrandt[/name_m] or Remiel.

@sunshine10. I’ve never met anyone named [name_u]Remy[/name_u] or [name_m]Remington[/name_m] so your mental imagery is much appreciated and I like the fact that he was a great namesake.

@shvibziks. I always appreciate more suggestions, [name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m] is a little out there as a name (since I’ve never heard of it before) but I must say it intrigues me.

@cannabella I agree that [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m] is great long form. I know [name_u]Remy[/name_u] can work on its own, I just can’t predict the future and I’d want a back up plan for my son incase this name takes off for girls.

@ciottolo I always appreciate more feedback. I think it is a fully masculine name but boys names on girls seem to be a thing these days and I truly wish it wasn’t. I appreciate the gender divide on names.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Some longer names for [name_u]Remy[/name_u] or [name_u]Remi[/name_u] that I like are…

Remira & Remmick

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m], nn [name_u]Remy[/name_u]. So handsome!

[name_m]Roman[/name_m], or [name_m]Rome[/name_m] nn [name_u]Remy[/name_u] works for me.