Longer versions of Flo

[name]Hi[/name]! My husbands favourite girl name is now [name]Flo[/name](the only girl name he liked before this was [name]Mimosa[/name] hehe). If we have a girl I would like her to have a longer more formal name.

I have loved [name]Flora[/name] for a few years but am wondering what other names [name]Flo[/name] could be short for besides the obvious. My favs are [name]Flora[/name], [name]Florentine[/name] & [name]Florien[/name](but more so for a boy). [name]Florence[/name] is a bit lacking to me somehow.

Thank you!!

P.S. I don’t care about the Aunt [name]Flo[/name] connotation some of you may have. In Australia we call that thing a period. Like the thing at the end of this sentence. :slight_smile:

[name]Florella[/name]
[name]Florencia[/name]
[name]Florentina[/name]
[name]Florenza[/name]
[name]Floria[/name]
[name]Floris[/name]/[name]Florice[/name]
[name]Flossie[/name]

Thinking a bit more out of the box: maybe [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Fleur[/name], or [name]Flannery[/name].

[name]Floralia[/name]
[name]Florencia[/name]
[name]Floretta[/name]

[name]How[/name] about…

Floella
[name]Florine[/name]/[name]Florene[/name]
[name]Floriana[/name]
[name]Florice[/name]
Flòraidh
[name]Florinda[/name]

kind of a stretch but…

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Lois[/name]- or any name with that ‘lo’ sound
[name]Filomena[/name]
[name]Finola[/name]
[name]Fallon[/name]
[name]Fiora[/name] [name]Lois[/name]
Fotoula

Sorry for any repeats!

[name]Florencia[/name]
[name]Florelle[/name]
[name]Florenza[/name]
[name]Floria[/name]
[name]Florian[/name]
[name]Floriana[/name]
[name]Florida[/name]
[name]Flossy[/name]
[name]Flory[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps a bit!

Blancheflor (meaning white flower)
[name]Flora[/name]
Floramaria
Florbela (meaning beautiful flower)
[name]Florella[/name]
[name]Floretta[/name]
[name]Floria[/name]
[name]Florian[/name]/[name]Floriana[/name]/Floriane
Florimel
Florise
Florizel
[name]Florita[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Florentine[/name]/[name]Florentina[/name] (gives nn.'s: [name]Flo[/name], [name]Wren[/name], [name]Tina[/name]. I like the diversity.)
Florry
Flossie
Flox
Sunflower

Ones I like the most are bolded:

[name]Filomena[/name]/Filomine
Floramine/Floramina or Flomine/Flomina (-mine is pronounced “meen”)
[name]Floralia[/name]/Floralie
Floramarie
Flomira/Flomyra (I kind of just made that up, but Mira and Myra are real names, so its like a combo)
[name]Florida[/name] (if you’re into place names)
Florazel (means “young woman in bloom”, meaning doesn’t change if you add an extra L or A at the end)
[name]Florette[/name]/[name]Floretta[/name]
Florbella/Florabelle
[name]Florella[/name]
Florena
Florellen
[name]Florentine[/name] (I’d like to think its pronounced like [name]Clementine[/name])
[name]Floressa[/name]
[name]Floria[/name] (Like [name]Gloria[/name]… Come to think of it Glo is a nickname for [name]Gloria[/name])
[name]Florinda[/name]
[name]Flower[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name]
Floralai (Pretty much [name]Lorelai[/name] with an F in front)

Really I think you could pair [name]Flo[/name] with [name]Marie[/name], [name]Maria[/name], [name]Ellen[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Bella[/name], Anna, Ette, Mine, [name]Mina[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Lee[/name], Lie, [name]Leigh[/name], or any other common name combo or ending.

Thank you for your beautiful suggestions! My favourites/ones that intrigue me are (in order of appearance)

[name]Flossie[/name] - very cute
[name]Floretta[/name]
[name]Floriana[/name]
Florbela - love this!
Florazel/Florazela
Floralie - wonder if it just sounds like floraly though
[name]Flower[/name]
Floralai - very pretty

Thanks for all the other suggestions as well. I will definitely keep all of these for future reference.

Here are some name from my side. [name]Florella[/name], [name]Florencia[/name], [name]Florentina[/name], [name]Florenza[/name], [name]Floria[/name], [name]Floris[/name]/[name]Florice[/name], [name]Flossie[/name], [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Lois[/name], [name]Filomena[/name], [name]Finola[/name], [name]Fallon[/name], [name]Fiora[/name] [name]Lois[/name], Fotoula.