Looking Back at Nameberry

@leafsgirl44 is this you from 2015? :joy: also if it isn’t or if you don’t want it on here I can delete this

Also @futuremama ive only been able to mainly get onto threads that were featured on the home page in this section

3 Likes

I miss: Coloured texts on signatures :sob:

A new feature I wish we always had: Likes and notifications

7 Likes

And not much has changed name-wise, haha! But I do miss signatures so much, I’d trade almost all the new features for a signature (the only one that is truly brilliant is getting notified when someone mentions you in a post)!

4 Likes

I saw this on the Quick [name_u]Poll[/name_u] Thread and decided to go back to see how much Nameberry has changed over 12 years and counting! I then started to see a few posts from way before I became interested in names, and I eventually used the advanced search feature here to bring back some older BNGs I liked!

Even though I had a signature for about three weeks (from when I first joined NB to when the site changed), I do miss seeing signatures on here, but at the same time, I love the new layout! It did take a few weeks to get used to, but the more I played around with the new features, the more I liked it!

3 Likes

I agree! I love a lot of the new features, especially tagging people and notifications, but UC don’t live up to signatures at all. I don’t usually take the time to click everyone’s UC as I read through posts, and seeing everyone’s signature really made it easier to keep track of who everyone was and what their naming style is!

Despite this I think the new site runs more smoothly, I like that it is updating constantly as opposed to needing to refresh, I like seeing who is typing as they reply, and many other features :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is what I miss the most, I honestly have no idea what kind of names most people have on their list, which, for a site dedicated to name, is quite unfortunate.

5 Likes

Definitely! Yeah and sometimes the UCs can get glitchy and frustrating to look at when they are glitchy. Signatures just seemed a lot easier.

4 Likes

I also used to scroll through random threads on nameberry and read signatures to get new inspiration, which I miss being able to do

3 Likes

lol, yes it is :sweat_smile: i left that account when i was in a relationship with ex-partner, then made a new one again when he and i split, :woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

Awwww nostalgia :heart_eyes::grin:

2 Likes

I miss the coloured signatures for sure!

3 Likes

Today is the 10 year anniversary of when I made my account!

8 Likes

Wow! Congratulations! ([name_f]My[/name_f] almost 1 year looks really lame compared to that! :joy:)

2 Likes

Wow congratulations! You’ve definitely been here a while! :joy:

Congratulations! Wow that sounds almost impossible :grin:

1 Like

Wow, happy anniversary @lululemonmee! :birthday:

2 Likes

i was feeling nostalgic again

the forums!! ahh the green was iconic. also look it’s @leafsgirl44 on the bottom right haha

just like the entire look of this was iconic. but especially missing the nsrn feature
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 8.28.20 PM

and this too! i loved making cafs on microsoft word using these names before i made an account

signatures! miss those. but look it’s polly @OpheliaFlora

3 Likes

Six years and my style hasn’t changed AT ALL. I’m not sure if that’s reassuring or just sad, haha :sweat_smile:
Thanks for the tag!

1 Like

haha well i guess it means you’re consistent! and love ur style btw, it’s very charming

1 Like

That’s sweet of you to say, thank you!
I suppose NB has made me gain an appreciation for other names over the years, they just rarely feature them in my UC.

1 Like