Looking Back at Nameberry

Have you ever wanted to get a glimpse of what NB used to be like before you joined? [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe you wanted to feel the nostalgia from when you first started on NB.

Using this link, you can check out different dates from NB’s history and get a look at what the website used to look like. You might be able to click around on the website a little bit, but it wont be a full range access.

When you first get in it will look like this. [name_m]Just[/name_m] scroll around to whichever year you want to explore.

Then you can choose a specific date and click one of the time stamps.

Then finally it will transport you to what the website looked like on that day.

The Wayback Machine has a lot of other websites it can go to, so for a general search you can go here! Most links/websites have some sort of history archived.

Have fun exploring! What features do you miss? What new features do you wish we had back then?

28 Likes

This is so cool! Seeing the 2014 pictures really brought me back! @SparkleNinja18 the snapshot in 2014 I saw had comments from you! (April 30 2014)

4 Likes

Wow!!! I’m currently looking at 2010 and that “names being viewed right now” section is super cool!

10 Likes

That was my favorite feature! I used to sit on nameberry and watch it for hours

10 Likes

It’s super fun to see the comments from members who are still around!

7 Likes

Oh my goodness the forums are so nostalgic

4 Likes

I forgot about the comments at the bottom of the main page! I used to get on everyday and go see what sort of drama was cooking up (some of those got HEATED)

8 Likes

The NSRN was one of my favorites! I used to also try and search up some of my favorite names and hope they’d show up on there :joy:

8 Likes

I’d try to search mine so many times that they’d show up in the Today’s Most Popular Names :joy:

8 Likes

I forgot about signatures and how they used to show up! I was browsing through the forums and it gave me a wave of nostalgia :heart:

1 Like

I also found old posts of mine where I was asking about names

This is so funny! I had very different taste back in the day

5 Likes

This is so cool! They have one from 2 days after I joined! Thank you so much for finding this :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s so lovely to see comments from a few years ago left from users that I actually recognize :smile: Though I admit I did get confused when I clicked 2014 and got a comment from an active user that said it was posted 17 minutes ago. And signatures (!!!) were the best! I didn’t know there was a NB store though, but that looks interesting!

4 Likes

@OpheliaFlora I found one of your posts on the wayback machine!

Fun to find some users from years ago that are still active

7 Likes

It isn’t letting me look at posts :slightly_frowning_face: Is it maybe just my internet? :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Sometimes it doesn’t work. Some of the posts don’t show up but some do. I had to go on a few different dates to get some to show up

4 Likes

Oh wow! So nostalgic seeing the forums before the 2020 update! (I would look at them all the time, but couldn’t make an account due to glitches in the system!)

3 Likes

I only made an account last year but I used to read the blog and the forums years before that. I miss the “names viewed right now” feature!

3 Likes

Me too :sob:

8 Likes

“baby names, only juicier” - I love it :laughing:

4 Likes