The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 2)

Unusual celebrity names! Vote for whichever ones you like.

• Belcalis
  • Karrueche
  • Diamonté
  • Zendaya
  • Amala
  • Tahliah
  • Kehlani
  • Teyana

0 voters

Really exploring “fancier” but also clunky and funky names — these two feel super similar? They both remind me of snow days and mittens and rosy cheeks :,)

• Barnaby
  • Bartholomew

0 voters

Would [name_m]Lucien[/name_m] (I think I prefer the LOO-see-en pronunciation) get lost in the sea of [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], [name_u]Luca[/name_u], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], etc?

• Yes, it blends in
  • It might tbh
  • No, it’s distinct
  • I have something else to say (@ me)

0 voters

I think it could, but is a bit more distinct to set it apart.

4 Likes

I’m obsessed with anagram names today :sweat_smile:

As twins
  • [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] & [name_f]Ximena[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Andi[/name_f] & [name_u]Dani[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Lexa[/name_f] & Xela
  • [name_u]Adi[/name_u] & [name_f]Ida[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] & [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
  • [name_f]May[/name_f] & [name_f]Amy[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Olivette[/name_f] & [name_f]Violette[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Ema[/name_f] & [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Ari[/name_u] & [name_u]Ira[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Ave[/name_f] & [name_f]Eva[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Avi[/name_u] & [name_f]Via[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Meg[/name_f] & [name_f]Gem[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Luna[/name_f] & [name_m]Alun[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Alli[/name_f] & [name_f]Lila[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Aviv[/name_u] & [name_f]Viva[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] & [name_f]Sela[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Isla[/name_f] & [name_u]Lisa[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Ilsa[/name_f] & [name_f]Isla[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Jane[/name_f] & [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Lane[/name_u] & [name_f]Lena[/name_f]

0 voters

1 Like

When did you first discover NB or when did you join?

• 2008- been here since the start
  • 2021 - brand new!

0 voters

Check out this topic to get a throwback of what NB was like when you first found it or first joined!

2 Likes

Meg and [name_f]Gem[/name_f] would be really cute for twins as nicknames! I don’t like them for full names. Same with [name_f]Andi[/name_f] and [name_u]Dani[/name_u].

Megan and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]? [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]? [name_u]Andrea[/name_u] and [name_f]Daniella[/name_f]? [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] and [name_f]Jordana[/name_f]?

3 Likes

Discovered in 2016, joined in 2018. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Joined [name_f]May[/name_f] 2015 (on a different account). On this account, I joined [name_u]September[/name_u] 2016.

2 Likes

I lurked for awhile before actually joining!

1 Like

I first joined around 2011/2012* then stopped posting/reading, than lurked again the celeb thread for a few months and decided to join again last year.

*I checked and it was March 2012 to July 2013. Trip down the memory lane :exploding_head: :laughing:

3 Likes

Discovered in 2018, joined in 2020!

1 Like

Started perusing in 2019, officially joined in 2020

2 Likes

Lurked from 2012-2013 ish, but joined 2014 :slight_smile: @katkabet I know what you mean! Looking back now I can’t believe I was on here that young, I was a literal child at 14

3 Likes

Daphne…

• Brooke
  • Blake

0 voters

2 Likes

I discovered it in 2017 when I was looking for a new name website (before I was using babynamewizard), all I basically did was read the blog post and do research on names, then in 2018 I discovered the forums and lurked on there like a creep for quite some time and then I joined in [name_u]June[/name_u] 2020. I remember when the old forums changed to this one and I didn’t like it cause I wasn’t used to it :joy:

5 Likes

I was also using BNW before Nameberry!

1 Like

Yeah I discovered NB as an 8th grader (so probably around 13-14) and lurked for years till I made an account at 17 :joy: not sure why I waited so many years to make an account

1 Like

Same! That was such a drastic change!

3 Likes

I discovered Nameberry around 2017 (really enjoyed browsing the forums especially) and finally joined last year! To be honest, the switch over to the new forum made this place seem more approachable to me & made me want to join. :slightly_smiling_face: I liked the old forum too, but the style made it came across more clique-ish to me - like l was intruding on private conversations, somehow.

1 Like