Looking for a sibling name

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I have a daughter named [name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] who will be 3 years old when my second daughter arrives this [name_u]February[/name_u]. We also have a son named [name_m]Ethan[/name_m]. We like a few names and are wondering which sounds nicer with [name_f]Layla[/name_f], yet also jive well with [name_m]Ethan[/name_m]. We’re looking for opinions on the variations of names that we like ending in 'ANI ’ and are open to new suggestions! Thanks!

Which version of the names ending in -ani sounds prettiest with [name_f]Layla[/name_f]?

[name_f]Ailani[/name_f]
[name_f]Leilani[/name_f]
Lylani
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f] (is this too similar to Layla?)

Layla and Lilah are way too close. i think Layla and Ailani sound best together - but honestly, i think Layla is too close to all of your options.

1 Like

I agree with the previous commenter. [name_f]Layla[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] are way too similar, but I also think [name_f]Layla[/name_f] and [name_f]Leilani[/name_f] is just as similar, and [name_f]Layla[/name_f] and Lylani is very similar as well. I also personally wouldn’t use [name_f]Ailani[/name_f] either as I think that’s still too similar to [name_f]Layla[/name_f] but out of those listed I think it’s the least similar. Personally I would either come up with a different variation with a different beginning sound like maybe something like [name_f]Kylani[/name_f] or [name_f]Mylani[/name_f]. Otherwise maybe using it as a middle with a completely different first name would be a better option?

[name_f]Ailani[/name_f] is pretty!

[name_u]Kalani[/name_u] came to mind, as did [name_f]Noelani[/name_f]

1 Like

I agree that all of then are a bit too close to [name_f]Layla[/name_f].

Here’s some suggestions that end in -ani:

[name_u]Kalani[/name_u]
[name_f]Jaylani[/name_f]
[name_f]Maelani[/name_f]
[name_f]Normani[/name_f]

Some suggestions that don’t end in -ani:

[name_f]Liliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Luciana[/name_f]
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariana[/name_f]
Aubrielle/Aubriella
Gabrielle/Gabriella
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]

That was my concern as well. Of all I prefer [name_f]Ailani[/name_f] as well. [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] is pretty. Thanks for your response!

I love [name_f]Layla[/name_f], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] and [name_f]Ailani[/name_f]. You might also like [name_u]Alani[/name_u] which means orange tree.