Looking for British/European opinions??

Oh it means a lot that you like it as…between you and I hehe…we’re hoping to move to Australia in a couple of years so the children would hopefully be raised there!

And as for calling her [name]Claudia[/name], I don’t know it just doesn’t make me feel the same way as [name]Claudie[/name]. I just don’t love it![/quote]

Good, you will love it here. I have a friend with a daughter, [name]Claudia[/name] and they call her ‘Claudes’ which I think is pretty awful but [name]Claudie[/name] is very sweet.

Okay good =)
I’m glad I didn’t offend you. It’s so interesting to learn that there are so many other dual-nationality couples on here like myself and DH!

I’m a [name]Brit[/name] - [name]Claudie[/name] is very cute.

It reminds me of [name]Claudia[/name] Winkleman, who i love - young (ish), different, pretty and intelligent. [name]Love[/name] it, love it xx

Post has been deleted

[name]Hi[/name], I’m a [name]Brit[/name] living in Europe, and I think [name]Claudia[/name] is a lovely, understated name. Another pronunciation you might want to take into consideration is the way it is said in Latin countries. They pronounce the “claud” bit as “cloud”, ie: those white. fluffy things :slight_smile: so [name]Claudia[/name] is said [name]Cloud[/name]-ia. I still think it sounds lovely in any language though.

Post has been deleted.

Post has been deleted

Post has been deleted.

Post has been deleted

I like it! I personally dislike the name [name]Claudia[/name] A LOT I prefer the [name]German[/name] pron. [name]Cloud[/name]-ee-ah. But I found I liked [name]Claudie[/name] too! It sounds like everyone in this forum is liking it so go with your gut!

who would have thought a name could bring out such conversation!?!?!?

Being an American, I think we know how I’d pronounce it. :-/ But different accent and personal feelings toward the name, do it if you are 100% happy with it.

congrats on the new edition to your family!! :slight_smile: