Looking for British/European opinions??

Post has been deleted

[name]Hi[/name], I’m a brit, hope I can help :slight_smile:

[name]Claudie[/name] doens’t remind me of Clotty at all and I think it is a cute name, but I much prefer it as a nn for [name]Claudia[/name], some variations are [name]Claudette[/name] or [name]Claudine[/name] but I think I prefer [name]Claudie[/name] over those two.

middles for [name]Claudie[/name]:

[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Maren[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Fern[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Seren[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Tamara[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Roxana[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Maris[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Phaedra[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Marina[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name] [name]Amara[/name]

If [name]Claudia[/name] is an option,
[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Fay[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Leonie[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name] [name]Verity[/name]

good luck!

• [name]Elena[/name] :slight_smile:

Well I’m American but I just wanted to let you know that I love the way the name [name]Claudie[/name] looks and I really like how it sounds if I say it slowly and carefully. With my accent though it does sound like clotty if I’m being lazy and not saying it clearly. (So yes, at least for me, the only problem with it is the similarity to clotty.) I think [name]Cordelia[/name] is really cute too.

H!

I’m a fellow [name]Brit[/name]. I think [name]Claudie[/name] is sweet and it definitely doesn’t remind of ‘clotty’. I’m sure it is the difference in accent!
I still prefer [name]Claudia[/name] with the nn [name]Claudie[/name] as I don’t tend to like nns as full names but that is just my personal taste and not a reflection on this specific name.
Good luck :slight_smile:

Post has been deleted

Hey,

Well I live in [name]Ireland[/name] (so [name]Claudie[/name]/[name]Claudia[/name] would sound the similar with an Irish accent) and I love the name! I’ve been thinking about adding it to my list lately but I hadn’t thought about how differently Americans might pronounce it. I was born in the states but I suppose I enunciate more than most Americans do because I would have never thought [name]Claudie[/name] sounded like Clotty. I think it’s a beautiful name though and you shouldn’t run into many issues in the UK.

I’m glad you brought this up however because I hadn’t even considered how some of my favourite names may get butchered by the American side of our family.

[name]Ouch[/name]!! haha. I’m American so I just wanted to clarify that we wouldn’t say [name]Claudie[/name] very differently from you. The reason it may sound like clotty is because we pronounce ‘clotty’ differently from you (not with an aspirated t, but more of a d-like sound.) So, the Americans won’t really ‘butcher’ the name, we just might have different sound associations for it! Not that it should matter to you, since you live in the UK, but I just wanted to explain :smiley:

Post has been deleted

Post has been deleted

I think [name]Claudie[/name] is adorable. I had a great-aunt [name]Claudie[/name], and have considered using [name]Claudia[/name] myself. I’m an American (from the SE) and I don’t think [name]Claudie[/name] sounds like “clotty” at all :slight_smile:

Well, I live in [name]Canada[/name] but have dual citizenship w/ the UK, British heritage and a British husband.

I don’t hear “clotty” at all. My husband tried to persuade me to consider [name]Claudia[/name], but I must admit, I hear “clod”. Like a clod of earth. Does that make sense? I don’t hear “clot” at all. The name is a bit clunky for me, but this is solely my opinion and I tend to gravitate towards very (very) frilly girly names.

I like the name [name]Claudie[/name] as a nname for [name]Claudia[/name].

[name]Ouch[/name]!! haha. I’m American so I just wanted to clarify that we wouldn’t say [name]Claudie[/name] very differently from you. The reason it may sound like clotty is because we pronounce ‘clotty’ differently from you (not with an aspirated t, but more of a d-like sound.) So, the Americans won’t really ‘butcher’ the name, we just might have different sound associations for it! Not that it should matter to you, since you live in the UK, but I just wanted to explain :D[/quote]

[name]Ah[/name] sorry Hoodie, I didn’t mean to offend, butcher wasn’t really the right term. I guess what I meant was my parents (and extended family) may pronounce names I like in a way that completely changes the feeling of the name. For instance DH’s family (who are all Irish) pronounce my name much differently than my (American) family does.

I’m a [name]Brit[/name] living in [name]Canada[/name] and I would never say “Clotty.” I pronounce it like Claw-dee or Cloo-dee (if I say it with a slight French accent, haha). I think [name]Claudie[/name] is cute and you should use it if you and your partner love it :slight_smile:

I am an Aussie and we pronounce words in the main like the Brits. I think [name]Claudie[/name] is very sweet and it reminds me of French names like [name]Sylvie[/name] which I love.

I would name her [name]Claudia[/name] though because I think that she may prefer that formal name when she grows older.

All the best!

[name]Ouch[/name]!! haha. I’m American so I just wanted to clarify that we wouldn’t say [name]Claudie[/name] very differently from you. The reason it may sound like clotty is because we pronounce ‘clotty’ differently from you (not with an aspirated t, but more of a d-like sound.) So, the Americans won’t really ‘butcher’ the name, we just might have different sound associations for it! Not that it should matter to you, since you live in the UK, but I just wanted to explain :D[/quote]

[name]Ah[/name] sorry Hoodie, I didn’t mean to offend, butcher wasn’t really the right term. I guess what I meant was my parents (and extended family) may pronounce names I like in a way that completely changes the feeling of the name. For instance DH’s family (who are all Irish) pronounce my name much differently than my (American) family does.[/quote]

Hehe, don’t worry about it [name]Ginger[/name], I totally understand! My dh is from [name]England[/name] and I know his family get a kick out of how I say certain words. I tend to love all British accents, so I actually agree that many things sound nicer when you say them! I was just wanting to explain that it is not [name]Claudie[/name], but clotty, that we pronounce differently from you, and that’s what makes two sound somewhat similar to some of us yanks!

I am a New Zealander (so nearly a [name]Brit[/name]) and I love it.

Post has been deleted

Post has been deleted

Post has been deleted

Post has been deleted