Looking for Names With Creepy Meanings

I have a book in progress called Shadows of Memory, this will be my very first book and I would like each character’s name to be related to their role, I’m currently looking for a male name meaning murder/ murderer. If you have any names that have similar creepy meaning those will also be appreciated!

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t know names /meaning/ murderer, but here are some names /of/ murderers:

[name_m]Cain[/name_m] - From the old biblical story [name_m]Cain[/name_m] and [name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Gaius[/name_m], [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], [name_m]Decimus[/name_m], [name_m]Brutus[/name_m], [name_m]Junius[/name_m], [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] - Killed [name_m]Julius[/name_m] [name_m]Caesar[/name_m]
[name_m]Manson[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], Dahmer, Bundy - Prominent names of Serial Killers
Myers, [name_m]Bates[/name_m], Loomis, Macher, [name_m]Hannibal[/name_m], Lecter, Krueger - Prominent names of movie murderers

Names meaning murderer are hard to find, since names tend to have positive meanings. Proxicide’s idea to use the name of a famous murderer is great!

The greek word “phone”, as in [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], means murder, but I don’t think there are any male names that have it.
You could use the name of a god of death, like Thanatos, Mot, Anubis (here’s a complete list).
There’s not much to find that literally means murder or kill. The closest I could find was [name_m]Saxon[/name_m], which goes back to a word meaning knife.

Hey! I think I can help you out with some /dark/ meaning names!

As wandarine stated above me, names with darker meanings are kinda hard to find (trust me, I’ve been looking for some for my own use) but I have found some names that you might be interested in

Zelophehad- Possibly means either “first born” or “shadow from terror” in Hebrew
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]- From a surname which was derived from Old English blæc “black” or blac “pale”.
[name_m]Ceallach[/name_m]- Irish name of uncertain origin, traditionally said to mean “bright-headed”. Alternatively it could be derived from Old Irish ceallach “war, strife” or ceall “church”.
[name_m]Ares[/name_m]- Perhaps from either Greek α”η (are) “bane, ruin” or α”σην (arsen) “male”. [name_m]Ares[/name_m] was the blood-thirsty god of war in Greek mythology, a son of [name_m]Zeus[/name_m] and [name_f]Hera[/name_f].
[name_u]Mars[/name_u]- Possibly related to Latin mas “male” (genitive maris). In [name_m]Roman[/name_m] mythology [name_u]Mars[/name_u] was the god of war, often equated with the Greek god [name_m]Ares[/name_m]. This is also the name of the fourth planet in the solar system.
Feardorcha- Means “dark man” from Gaelic fear “man” and dorcha “dark”.
[name_m]Azrael[/name_m] or [name_m]Azriel[/name_m]- Means “help of God”, derived from Hebrew עָזַר ('azar) “help” and ”ֵל ('el) “God”. This was the name of an angel in Jewish and Muslim tradition who separated the soul from the body upon death. He is sometimes referred to as the [name_u]Angel[/name_u] of Death.

I got most of these off of behindthename.com, it can be a nice site along with this one.

You could also go for reeeally edgy names like [name_m]Blade[/name_m], [name_m]Dagger[/name_m], Edge and others like that although I wouldn’t recommend that.

Oh, and you could probably use name that means wolf or crow or goat or another animal that commonly symbolizes death and destruction.

Good luck with your book! I bet it’ll be rad, hit me up if you need any other help~! :3

So, this is a weird trend, but there’s a surprising amount of killers with the middle name [name_m]Wayne[/name_m]. Mostly, I’d look at what the above people are saying. Names of murderers or something that makes you think murdery like…Blood or something lmao. You won’t really find much that literally means killer because “why would you want to name your child that??” Soooo yeah, I’d go for things that more invoke killer rather than actually means killer.

Then again, Voldemort means “flight from death” in [name_m]French[/name_m], so you could try stuff like that?

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]- means “she who intoxicates”
[name_u]Raven[/name_u]- symbol of death
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]- means “night”
I, sadly, don’t have any boy names. I’m sorry.

What about [name_m]Alan[/name_m], [name_m]Horace[/name_m], or [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]? These three give off dark vibes.