Looking for some insight on these names

These are my favorite girl K names. I don’t believe that names ever get dated because they don’t come with expiration dates people are just not open minded. With that being said here they are and the possible nicknames.

[name]Karen[/name] Greek: Pure ([name]Ren[/name], I love [name]Ren[/name]:slight_smile: )

[name]Katelyn[/name] Greek: Pure ([name]Ellie[/name]) (have a cousin [name]Katie[/name], don’t like [name]Kate[/name] and don’t like [name]Lynn[/name] but like [name]Katelyn[/name] this spelling.)

[name]Kathleen[/name] Greek: Pure ([name]Kay[/name], [name]Kathy[/name], Leen/Leenie, [name]Kaylee[/name])

[name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Kathryn[/name] Greek: Pure ([name]Kathy[/name], [name]Kay[/name])

[name]Kathy[/name] Greek: Pure (Kath, [name]Kay[/name])

[name]Kaylee[/name] Gaelic: Descendant of Caollaidhe ([name]Kay[/name])

[name]Kelly[/name] Gaelic: war, strife (Kel)

[name]Kirsten[/name] Latin: Follower of [name]Christ[/name] (K, [name]Kirsty[/name], Kirs)

thanks!

Well [name]Karen[/name]'s my mum’s name so I’m sure she’d be flattered! I wouldn’t use it myself just yet but I think it’s time will come in a generation or so :slight_smile:

[name]Katelyn[/name] (spelled [name]Caitlyn[/name]) is my sister’s name :slight_smile: haha. I chose it (when I was 13 though might I add) but we never shorten her name. She’s always [name]Caitlyn[/name]. In school I believe some people call her [name]Katie[/name] though which I hate because I love her name so much! When I chose it I didn’t know any [name]Caitlyn[/name]'s but there are loads now :frowning:

[name]Kathleen[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Kathy[/name] - definitely prefer [name]Katherine[/name] but I just don’t think it’s special enough, it was my great grandmother’s name but she went by [name]Kate[/name], and also one of my grandmother’s sisters names who went by [name]Kitty[/name], and had a daughter [name]Cathleen[/name] who went by Cath lol. You seem to like my family’s names!

[name]Kaylee[/name] is ok but I don’t love it

[name]Kelly[/name] is my cousin’s name - I like this one

[name]Kirsten[/name] is probably my favourite - or [name]Kristen[/name]

So personally I’d say [name]Kirsten[/name], [name]Karen[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Kelly[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Karen[/name] Greek: Pure ([name]Ren[/name], I love [name]Ren[/name]:slight_smile: )–this was my favorite girl’s name when I was little.

[name]Katelyn[/name] Greek: Pure ([name]Ellie[/name]) (have a cousin [name]Katie[/name], don’t like [name]Kate[/name] and don’t like [name]Lynn[/name] but like [name]Katelyn[/name] this spelling.)–I like this spelling, but [name]Caitlin[/name] seems to be oh so popular!

[name]Kathleen[/name] Greek: Pure ([name]Kay[/name], [name]Kathy[/name], Leen/Leenie, [name]Kaylee[/name])–nice Irish name with a lot of nn’s!

[name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Kathryn[/name] Greek: Pure ([name]Kathy[/name], [name]Kay[/name])–love this name

[name]Kathy[/name] Greek: Pure (Kath, [name]Kay[/name])–not a fan–like it as a nn

[name]Kaylee[/name] Gaelic: Descendant of Caollaidhe ([name]Kay[/name]) --pretty, as a nn of [name]Kathleen[/name]

[name]Kelly[/name] Gaelic: war, strife (Kel)–love this!

[name]Kirsten[/name] Latin: Follower of [name]Christ[/name] (K, [name]Kirsty[/name], Kirs) --one of my favorite K names.

I love my name, and if it was not my name, I think it is still pretty enough to use! I agree with the names not necessarily dating, although there are some old names that I really associate with a time (others think this makes them “fresh,” but sometimes I don’t agree).

FYI - all names related to [name]Katherine[/name] are not Greek - the root is Greek, but [name]Karen[/name], for example, is the Danish form. Many others on your list are other forms of [name]Katherine[/name] that come from other cultures as they interpret [name]Katherine[/name] across Europe and the US.