Loren or Lauren?

• Loren
  • Lauren

0 voters

I think I prefer [name_u]Loren[/name_u] over [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]!! I like both tho.

1 Like

Loren, to me, seems just a bit too androgynous for a little girl… or a grown woman.
This might just be because I know a boy [name_u]Loren[/name_u].

I personally love [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] more given its connection to the tree and meaning! Never heard of [name_u]Loren[/name_u], but I like it better for a boy as it comes off as more masculine, [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] is pretty unisex in spelling to me aside from sound

1 Like

I love [name_u]Loren[/name_u] for a boy and [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] for a girl.

3 Likes

I love [name_u]Loren[/name_u], seems more lively somehow.

Lauren seems easiest to wear for a girl.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] a little better. It feels more natural, and I really don’t like [name_u]Loren[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u].

Loren always looks a bit off to me :confused: I love [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] though!

I like [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]! [name_u]Loren[/name_u] seems very masculine to me- I’ve always known boys spelled [name_u]Loren[/name_u] and girls spelled [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] or [name_f]Lauryn[/name_f].

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] on a girl and [name_u]Loren[/name_u] on a boy.

1 Like

Loren feels more mystical, I guess it’s the “lore” in it. [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] is a more typical spelling which I think most of the time is better. Both feel feminine to me. I wouldn’t name a boy either one.

I know a girl with the middle name [name_u]Loren[/name_u], after her dad’s mn! I’ve always thought it looked fresh in comparison!

I grew up in the era of [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]’s and [name_f]Laura[/name_f]’s. All female.

It wasnt until my late twenties that I even heard of [name_u]Loren[/name_u] and they have all been male.

To me, using an uncommon, alternative spelling for a common name only invites a lifetime of confusion and frustration. There have been a lot of posts on this forum from people with a real life experience with one of these names, warning, no, BEGGING others not to follow the same path their parents did. Please hear them

Lauryn is a fun alternative too!