Louisa 🍋

I’ve been crushing relatively hard on louisa lately, it feels very fresh and sweet, and has a bit of a summery sort of vibe to me as well. I’m not sure it’s the best fit with a big brother named rhett, but i’m not totally fussed if they aren’t a perfect match as our joint style for boys and our joint style for girls are somewhat different.

a) what do you think of louisa in general? if it makes a difference, we live in canada.
b) what are your thoughts on rhett + louisa? they both give me a summery sunshine vibe (think :honey_pot::lemon::sunny::blossom:) but i’m not sure if it’s just me or not.

thank you! x

9 Likes

I love [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and I think it fits perfectly with [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] too! Both are vintage-y, sweet, and well rounded names!

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I really really enjoy [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. It does feel bookish yet bright at the same time. Feminine without being frilly. And it fits really well with [name_u]Rhett[/name_u], in my opinion. Both vintage & charming. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] has a ton of cute nns if you’re into those. I like [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], [name_f]Lula[/name_f] & [name_f]Lola[/name_f].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

a. I used to not like any of the [name_u]Lou[/name_u]- names, masculine or feminine, but I’ve done a complete 180 recently and now I think they’re great! [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is warm and sunny and friendly – I imagine a sweet girl, very bubbly and kind and caring, with spirit and a little sass too. And [name_u]Lou[/name_u] and [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] are darling nicknames. It reminds me of The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_u]Alcott[/name_u], and is perfectly familiar but not common.

b. I adore both names! I would say they feel different in style to me but the “vibe venn diagram” (lol) overlaps with sunny and warm like you said! [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] is a little more cowboy (:teddy_bear::sailboat::sunny::horse_racing::baseball:) and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is a little more cottagecore in my mind (:womans_hat::tulip::sunny:), but both do have a friendly, summery warmth to them. And I think [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] and [name_u]Lou[/name_u] would be perfect as sibling name/nicknames.

2 Likes

I looove [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]! I think she’s great with [name_u]Rhett[/name_u]! Adds a little vintage charm, and feels so summery as a set.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]! I sounds so sweet and vintage. [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] are actually perfect together; they both have a lovely southern charm.

1 Like

[name_f]Adore[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. [name_f]Adore[/name_f] [name_u]Rhett[/name_u]. [name_f]Adore[/name_f] them together. Sold!

1 Like

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is a nice name - classic yet that a ending gives it spark and character; it has strength but a soft sound too. It makes me think of [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women and sweets for some reason??

[name_u]Rhett[/name_u] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] work to me - I can see a sunshine feel - something about them gives me summer vacation vibes, blue still days and hot weather

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u], love, love Louisa…I would personally use [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] as a nickname.

I feel like [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] work ok…together they give me a kind of southern US style vibe, which I guess is kind of summery sunshine.

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] does give me these vibes :honey_pot: :sunny: :cherry_blossom: :sunflower: :bouquet: :tulip: :hibiscus:

1 Like

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_u]Alcott[/name_u] perhaps?

1 Like

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] suits this emoji perfectly :lemon:

I think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is beautiful such a summery breezy elegant name. I agree that [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] has summery sunshine vibes she reminds me of lazy summer days, homemade lemonade, the beach and fresh flowers. I like the nickname [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] as well.

[name_u]Rhett[/name_u] & [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] are lovely! Such a gorgeous summery pairing with a sweet southern flair for me the pairing has a Gone with the Wind pairing. I think [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] & [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] are lovely!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is such a sweet baby name, with huge opportunities! [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is a bubbly, sweet, loving, summery name and it goes beautifully with [name_u]Rhett[/name_u]!
Good luck!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is lovely with [name_u]Rhett[/name_u]!
Personally I don’t get summer vibes from [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], it feels a bit more like a rainy autumn day to me, the ones you spend by the window with a good book and a hot cup of tea. It’s a very sensible name to me, a little buttoned-up perhaps, however, nn [name_u]Lou[/name_u] is fun and lively so that makes up for that.

2 Likes

Louisa’s fab! Vintage but not frumpy; bookish but not drab; whimsical but not twee.

In all, Louisa’s a sweet and storied-sounding name with a lyrical gust of wind to her.

As for the sibset, Louisa and Rhett are darling together! They’re both Southern charm to me :womans_hat::racehorse::tangerine::sunny:

1 Like

I find [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] quite the chameleon. [name_f]Summer[/name_f] is not my first thought but it’s such a versatile name, I think it fits all sorts of women and imagery. I tend to first think of [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] as serious and responsible, followed by a sense of understated glamour.

[name_u]Rhett[/name_u] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], on the other hand, feel like a gregarious pair who might live among the countryside and ranches. I like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] on her own and as a sister to [name_u]Rhett[/name_u]. It’s a great name.

2 Likes

Oh, [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] make such a great pair! I saw that [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] is an option, so if there were another cool family name for [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], that’d be amazing!

1 Like

I think if [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_u]Alcott[/name_u]. I see it working with [name_u]Rhett[/name_u]!

I love [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]! [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] & [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] are adorable siblings :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is one of those names that works for all ages. You could have sweet [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], tough but kind [name_u]Lou[/name_u], or confident [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] always makes me think of lemonade, and you definitely chose the right emoji on the top! :lemon: [name_u]Rhett[/name_u] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] are so sweet!

1 Like

I love love love [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]! It’s the one girls name that has consistently been my favorite for ages and I fully intend on using for my hypothetical daughter someday.

I think it goes just fine with [name_u]Rhett[/name_u]. I’m not sure if they both give me “summery” vibes but Rhett’s not a favorite of mine to begin with so that’s probably why (nothing wrong with it, just not my personal taste.)

1 Like