Louise or Louisa?

If our 2nd child is a girl we have decided on [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]. We would like to use [name]Louisa[/name]/[name]Louise[/name] also to honor my husband’s grandma [name]Betty[/name] [name]Lou[/name]. We realize we could do just one or the other but we like both and couldn’t decide between the two, so we are just going to use them both.

My dilemma is I like [name]Louisa[/name] better and it sounds better with our last name which is [name]Bird[/name]. [name]Louise[/name] sounds better next to [name]Elisabeth[/name] and not as good next to [name]Bird[/name]. So which one would you choose? I know I won’t be saying all of her names together very often so maybe it doesn’t matter at all? What is your opinion!? Thanks, I keep going back and forth between [name]Louise[/name]/[name]Louisa[/name].

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Bird[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Bird[/name]
p.s. I also tried putting [name]Louise[/name]/[name]Louisa[/name] first, but didn’t care for that flow as much.

I prefer [name]Louisa[/name], generally and in the combos, although [name]Louise[/name] is fine too.

I usually would say [name]Louisa[/name] since it’s my favorite of the two, however, I think [name]Louise[/name] works better in your combo. [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is stunning, and I think the extra syllable in [name]Louisa[/name] ruins the flow and makes it a tad too lengthy.
[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

• [name]Athena[/name]

With your other names, I prefer [name]Louisa[/name], though I generally also like the name [name]Louise[/name] a lot. Of your two combos, I like [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Bird[/name]. But I also like the sound of [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Bird[/name] and [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Bird[/name]. I know you said you’d already gone through the other combo options, but those two stood out to me. [name]Hope[/name] that helps! Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love that you’re using [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Louise[/name]/[name]Louisa[/name] to honour [name]Betty[/name] [name]Lou[/name]! I would say [name]Louisa[/name] has the best flow, but in general I do prefer it to [name]Louise[/name] anyway.