Louise?

I have a [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] and (while we’re not nearly ready for another… I like to think ahead!) What do you think about [name]Louise[/name]? Honest opinions.

[name]Do[/name] you think I can get around [name]Lulu[/name] as a nickname?

Thanks all.
[name]Lindsey[/name]

I don’t care for [name]Louise[/name], but I do love [name]Louisa[/name].

I like [name]Louise[/name]. I think it makes a great sister for [name]Georgia[/name]. I like [name]Louisa[/name], as well, but it’s a bit matchy with [name]Georgia[/name], and I think [name]Louise[/name] is sassier and more fun.

I’m not a fan of [name]Louise[/name]. At first I didn’t like [name]Louisa[/name], but now I do, so I guess maybe it’ll grow on me, but I doubt it. [name]Louise[/name] doesn’t sound old ladyish to me, it sounds middle aged which is a lot worse to me at least. It’s sort of like [name]Susannah[/name] versus [name]Susan[/name]. I don’t think [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] are that matchy.

[name]Louise[/name] is ok but I prefer [name]Louisa[/name] with [name]Georgia[/name] as they are both feminine and classic.

I don’t think [name]Georgia[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] are too matchy unless you want to avoid echoing the -a ending.

As to the avoidance of [name]Lulu[/name], I think that will depends largely on you. Does [name]Georgia[/name] have a nickname? For instance, I have discovered myself kind of automatically giving my kids cutesy nicknames. So I decided it’s better for me to deliberately choose names with a potential nn I know I like. But I know people who boycott nns completely, and still others who let them evolve over time.

I had a great-aunt [name]Louise[/name] who was born circa 1906, whom everyone called “Aunt Weezie”. It was perfect for a great aunt, but I have a hard time picturing that on a child. =)

The only [name]Louise[/name] I know is 27, tall, blonde and beautiful, could be a supermodel but instead is an outstanding athlete that travels the world. So I love the name! I personally feel [name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] are too matchy and much prefer [name]Louise[/name] to [name]Louisa[/name] in your case.

I think [name]Hazel[/name] is a great option too…and then you could use [name]Louise[/name] as a middle name.
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Louise[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Louise[/name]

You have a lot of things to work with - [name]Georgia[/name] is fab!

The only [name]Louise[/name] I know is 18 months old and cute as a button; her nn is [name]Lulu[/name]. I really like the name! I think it sounds great with [name]Georgia[/name]. The suggested [name]Hazel[/name] is nice, too.

I love [name]Louise[/name]! I’m so shocked to see so many people say they don’t care for it! I know a teenage [name]Louise[/name] who is absolutely beautiful, wears her name so well and loves it. She doesn’t go by a nickname and I really don’t think that [name]Louise[/name] needs one if you don’t like [name]Lulu[/name]. On the contrary, I don’t like [name]Louisa[/name]. [name]Louise[/name] is so much cuter, especially with [name]Georgia[/name]!

I think it’s a bit dated, but refreshing-- I’d love to see a little [name]Louise[/name]. :slight_smile: [name]Louisa[/name] is one of my favorites, though, and I much prefer it to [name]Louise[/name].

I like [name]Louise[/name] more than [name]Louisa[/name]. [name]Louise[/name] was my husband’s grandma’s name, and she went by [name]Louise[/name], not [name]Lulu[/name].

I guess other nm can be Louey or [name]Lucy[/name]?

[name]Louise[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] are both on my short list–so yes, I love the name! I love the nn [name]Lulu[/name] especially as [name]Lucy[/name] is so popular (and I’ll hopefully have a niece named [name]Lucy[/name] in a few months.) [name]Even[/name] just [name]Lou[/name] is cute!