"Love at first sight" Girl Names

I also fell in love with [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] at first sight! But sadly then quickly fell out of love as it came attached to a lazy, entitled teenage girl that I had to work with. sigh

1 Like

A name I’ve loved since I was a kid is [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] (Bewitched - that little girl was TOO adorable) and it’s been on my mind a lot lately

1 Like

Gentle nerds…yep.

2 Likes

Some of the ones I immediately fell in love with and still love are Alita, [name_f]Araminta[/name_f], [name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Azalia[/name_f], [name_f]Catalina[/name_f], Catra, [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Karina[/name_f], [name_f]Katya[/name_f], [name_f]Kiara[/name_f], [name_f]Kira[/name_f], [name_f]Korra[/name_f], [name_f]Laura[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Sakura[/name_f], [name_f]Saphira[/name_f], [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_u]Sora[/name_u], [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f], and [name_f]Veronica[/name_f]

2 Likes

Katya was one for me!

2 Likes

Arabella, [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] for me!

1 Like

Cherith! I saw it in @jonquils signature and immediately became besotted with it

2 Likes

For me, I had love at first sight for [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] (uh-LEN-ee) and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] for literally no reason, and I still love them both! I love other names too, but they have significant meanings behind them. [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] just popped out of nowhere and I’ve been obsessed ever since. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think for me, [name_f]Bethan[/name_f], [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] and [name_f]Ffion[/name_f] are ones I fell for immediately - I was looking at various top 1000 lists for [name_f]England[/name_f] and [name_m]Wales[/name_m] in the 90s and came across them as a teenager, and I’ve loved them since. I think [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] and [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] were ones from when I was younger - I heard [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] on Full House and in Grease 2 and loved it, and [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] I read in a magazine when I was about 9 and was obsessed for about 3 years with it lol.

1 Like

Aurelia
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Birdie[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] ( [name_f]Addie[/name_f] for short )
[name_f]Sunday[/name_f]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Camellia[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] ( [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] for short )

1 Like

Adelaide, [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] were definitely love at first sight names for me, too! I also like the idea of [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] for a girl, even though I’m not normally super into unisex names.

1 Like

I love that you used kindred spirits in the same paragraph as ‘[name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables’ :joy::heart:

For me, a lot of those ‘love at first sight’ names I don’t really love anymore, but I remember falling in love with [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], then [name_f]Aveline[/name_f], then [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f], none of which I love anymore. The name that I do still really like, if not love, that was definitely love at first sight was [name_f]Calluna[/name_f].

2 Likes

Most of my “love at first sight” names aren’t loves anymore, though I do still enjoy them. [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] was the very first name I can remember loving. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], and [name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f] were definitely sparkly, love at first sight names. I still really like [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. Recently, [name_f]Audra[/name_f] was a “love at first sound” kind of name. Saw it in writing and was like yea…kinda like that. Heard my husband say it out loud (I knew how to say it and said it myself before) and I was like :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:.

1 Like

That’s funny, [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] was one of my first name crushes!

1 Like

Of the names I haven’t already used on my girls and that I probably couldn’t get my family on board with:
[name_f]Lenore[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f], [name_f]Azenor[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Emerald[/name_f], and yes [name_f]Avonlea[/name_f] (I know a little [name_f]Avonlea[/name_f]!).

Def I love the romantic & whimsical.

As a little girl my favorites were [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u], [name_f]Kelsi[/name_f], [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] (loved Ks I guess, ha), and more of the late 80s. :grin: oh, and Raina. I knew one, and immediately named a stuffed lamb that name. I thought it the most beautiful name in the world. Funny, I still like Rain/Rayne.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, that’s so cool you know an [name_f]Avonlea[/name_f]!! I would probably be hysterical if if I met one! I love [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] and [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], and it’s interesting how so many people like [name_f]Lenore[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Ha yes! I was immediately impressed with her parents. :joy:

1 Like

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_f]Violetta[/name_f]. [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] has stayed on my list since 3 or 4 years old.

[name_f]Avalon[/name_f] (she has never faded since I heard her; always been one of my top 3)
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Audra[/name_f]
[name_f]Callista[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_u]Echo[/name_u]
[name_f]Misty[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabre[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosella[/name_f] (She was a singer in one of my mom’s concerts and when I saw her name in the program…SWOON :heart_eyes:)
[name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
Aeronwyn (for fantasy characters)
Aerilyn (for fantasy characters but Erelyn is beautiful too, just less pretty to me)
[name_u]Rhian[/name_u] (for a boy or girl I just loved it at first sight)
[name_f]Oceana[/name_f]

[name_f]Faye[/name_f] is a funny story. So I first saw the name when I was playing a game/story online and I thought it looked horrible and gross. Then about a year and a half later I saw it and fell in love at first sight. Now it’s always in my top 5. :grin:

[name_u]Endellion[/name_u] too, I saw it once and didn’t give it a second thought. Then a few months later I saw it mentioned and just fell completely head over heels for her.

2 Likes

That’s funny about [name_f]Faye[/name_f]. I first heard it in a kindergarten reader when I was probably five, and I’ve loved it since then. [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] has been a recent crush that will probably stay an enduring favorite for me!

Also [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f]. I met a girl called [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] (or [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] she never spelled it) at about age 8 or 9 and we were playing together while my mom was giving her sister vocal lessons (her sisters were named [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] and [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] btw, so beautiful!!!) and I just loved her name. I thought it was so pretty and interesting, and it still is. I forgot about that name until this year.

2 Likes