"Love at first sight" Girl Names

Hi, all! You know those names that the second you see it, you fall in love? Recently for me, I’ve fallen in love with [name_f]Gloriana[/name_f] and Oliviana. A while ago, it was [name_f]Liviana[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_u]Tate[/name_u], and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] two, enduring, most favorite names are [name_f]Gisela[/name_f] and [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] and those were both love at first sight. And, being a huge [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables fan, I felt this way about [name_f]Avonlea[/name_f]. Anyway, because I have so much time now in quarantine, I’m looking to refresh some of my name lists. So, for fun, I’m interested in hearing those names that you’ve seen and fallen in love with for no reason.

3 Likes

Omg [name_f]Avonlea[/name_f]! What a great idea.

I would say [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] was a love at first sight moment recently.

3 Likes

Ivalo
[name_f]Eda[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabine[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

2 Likes

Lenore for me too! I heard it one day and the next day saw it in a show and fell in love!

2 Likes

I feel in love with the name [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] back in junior high when my mom told me that she very nearly named me that, I always thought it was such a cool name. More recently I’ve fallen in love with [name_u]Fable[/name_u] and [name_f]Lumina[/name_f]. Not sure what it is about them but I find them irresistible.

3 Likes

I’m going to go back to childhood for this one, because some names have endured for years after I first saw them.

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_u]Abilene[/name_u], and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] were all names I saw as a kid and still adoreI. [name_f] Ida[/name_f], [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_f]Isola[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], and [name_f]Leah[/name_f] are names I love, and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] are names I love again after wavering a little bit.

One thing I think is fun about this site is that so many people have common interests. It seems like half the people on here (myself included) love [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables or [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women. It’s always nice to find kindred spirits. [name_f]Avonlea[/name_f] is a great name, and not only did the series have other great names, [name_u]Anne[/name_u] was a heroine with lots of name opinions!

5 Likes

Ooh, I love [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] too!

1 Like

Sarai is fantastic! The first time I heard [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] was when I was told that was what I was almost named (and loved it immediately much more than my actual name). Names that are meaningful to loved ones or family names are particularly special. I’m sure my mother was exasperated by all of the questions I asked about names of my relatives!

3 Likes

I love [name_f]Nell[/name_f] too! Also, the first time I heard [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], I thought it was ‘knave,’ as in a thief, but then I saw it spelled, and I fell in love.

I’ve never heard [name_f]Lumina[/name_f], but that’s gorgeous!

I love [name_f]Ida[/name_f], [name_f]Ada[/name_f], and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] too. I’ve never heard of [name_f]Isola[/name_f], but that’s gorgeous!

1 Like

And it’s so true about so many people on this site loving [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables and [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women. It’s so fun to meet people that actually like those books!

3 Likes

Delilahhhhh! [name_f]Bet[/name_f] you guys are sick of me talking about [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] now, huh? :rofl: I just love her. There’s still a chance another girls name could steal my heart before then, but I’m pretty sure if I have a daughter in the future her name will be [name_f]Delilah[/name_f].

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] is a more recent discovery that I loved when I first saw it on a forum post, and I also like the long form [name_f]Arianell[/name_f]. So pretty! [name_f]Liv[/name_f], while similar in style to [name_f]Nell[/name_f], was a slower burn. The more I see it on posts and lists the more I’m growing to love it, too.

2 Likes

Nameberry largely represents a few specific demographics: gentle nerds, aspiring writers, and mothers and future mothers. It’s a strange little corner of the Internet.

4 Likes

Once again, I am derailing a discussion to talk about [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women. Apologies; it’s one of my bad habits.

1 Like

Haha, I love that! I think I’m three of those: a gentle nerd, an aspiring writer, and a future mother.

4 Likes

I would guess that describes quite a few people here! :sunflower:

1 Like

Ariadne
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Arianell[/name_f] , [name_f]Alethea[/name_f], [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] were all love at first sight.

1 Like

I also love [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] but that has more meaning behind it. It was the name of a girl in one of my favorite movies as kid that influenced my love for Irish mythology and culture. [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] I heard in a reading of Importance of being being [name_m]Earnest[/name_m] and I read [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] in a fanfiction I read as kid.

1 Like