Love Teddy but not too fond of Edward or Theodore

Hey Ladies!
I’m about five weeks away now and can’t wait to meet my little boy.
I’ve really grown to love [name]Teddy[/name] but I don’t really love [name]Edward[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name] ([name]Theodore[/name] especially is not a choice).
Am I fooling myself by thinking even if he is named [name]Edward[/name], it will rarely come up?
Or are there some good aspects of [name]Edward[/name] I haven’t thought of?
And… are [name]Ted[/name] and [name]Teddy[/name] complete enough to have either of those as the name?
Help!

I think [name]Ted[/name] is.

I think [name]Ted[/name] is, with [name]Teddy[/name] as a nn, I wouldn’t use [name]Teddy[/name] as a complete name, I can’t imagine a grown man called [name]Teddy[/name]. I like [name]Edward[/name] though!

There’s a boy in my brother’s class ( my brother is 16) who is called [name]Teddy[/name] and his name is Teedan ( Like [name]Keegan[/name]). Maybe you could use a different first name and use [name]Teddy[/name] as his middle name ( like [name]Martin[/name] [name]Teddy[/name] or something like that).

• [name]Evelyn[/name]

I agree, go with [name]Ted[/name] and use [name]Teddy[/name] as a nickname. [name]One[/name] day he will be a grown man, going for job interviews etc.

I know it’s a stretch, but what about [name]Alfred[/name] - “[name]Ed[/name]” like in [name]Edward[/name] —> [name]Ted[/name]/[name]Teddy[/name]? I guess you could do the same with [name]Fred[/name].

Personally I love [name]Edward[/name]!! So classic and regal and gorgeous! I love the nn. [name]Teddy[/name] too. I also think that it ages well, has some great namesakes, and it generally awesome!

What about [name]Thaddeus[/name], I think that could easily yield [name]Teddy[/name]?

[name]Teddy[/name] is cute!

I think there are a lot of other alternatives that don’t have to be [name]Edward[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name]… what about:

[name]Thaddeus[/name]
Theoden
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Edwin[/name]
[name]Edgar[/name]
[name]Edison[/name]

Any of those appeal?

Good luck!

I had an uncle [name]Teddy[/name] but his full name was [name]Thaddeus[/name]. You might like that.

I think [name]Ted[/name] could work on it’s own. There are bunches more names that could have [name]Teddy[/name] as a nickname besides those you listed though. Also, [name]Teddy[/name] could just be what you call him despite what his name is (like you can call a girl [name]Honey[/name] or whatever, call him [name]Teddy[/name] as your own cute nickname)

Others:

[name]Tedrick[/name]
Edbert
Edelio
Edem
[name]Edgar[/name]
[name]Edison[/name]
Edlef
Edmar
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Edric[/name]
[name]Edwin[/name]

Here’s some that ends in the right sound to produce [name]Teddy[/name], they’re just not as intuitive:

[name]Alfred[/name]
Gared
Gilfred
[name]Jared[/name]
[name]Manfred[/name]
Mordred
Thelred
Ulfred
[name]Wilfred[/name]
[name]Zared[/name]

My vote is name him [name]Ted[/name]. He can go by [name]Ted[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name]…problem solved. I do love both [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] though.

If you love teddy then call him teddy, I don’t see the point of giving a name you don’t love just because people think that everyone needs a ‘professional name’ if your son is destined to be a doctor, lawyer, president then he will do so whether called [name]Edward[/name], teddy or bumfluff. Give him the name you truly love.

I like [name]Edmund[/name] the best of the [name]Ed[/name]-names.

I had never considering [name]Thaddeus[/name] as a way to get to [name]Ted[/name] but I love [name]Thaddeus[/name] in its own right.