Lovely Lottie

[name_f]My[/name_f] absolute favourite girls name of all time is the sweet and sassy [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] :tulip:

Some of my middles for her:

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] Isobel/Isabelle - [name_m]An[/name_m] honour, but I can’t decide which spelling I prefer
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] - another honour
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f]

What do you think of these and what kind of vibes/imagery do you get from [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]?

TIA!

3 Likes

I love Lottie! Always surprised when people use Charlie or Char for Charlotte, when Lottie is there for the taking! It’s both French chic and storybook sweet.

I like Lottie Bluebell best of your combos and it would be my nod to Isobel. Mae often fills like a filler for me (and I prefer May) but it works. I’m not a fan of Alice generally - but I also think it doesn’t flow on from Lottie especially well. Neither does Isobel/ Isabelle though it would be my second choice because I prefer the name to Alice and with the added sentimental meaning. Isabelle with has the double L mirroring the double T of Lottie but the O in both Isobel and Lottie is great too and I’ve always loved this spelling - think I’d go for it! Lottie Magnolia is a bit jumpy/tongue twistery for me but they’re both good names. So it’s Bluebell or Isobel for me.

How about:

Lottie Belle
Lottie Elise
Lottie Florence
Lottie Isabella
Lottie Arabella
Lottie Annelise
Lottie Mirabelle
Lottie Meadow
Lottie Searose
Lottie Celeste
Lottie Clementine

2 Likes

Thank you! I have never thought about using [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] as a nod to [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], I love that idea! I also think that I am preferring [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] even though I always had [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] on my list!

From your ones I love [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] especially :white_heart: [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is also very cute! I have had [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] as middles before but haven’t thought about them recently so thank you for reminding me!

1 Like

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Lottie[/name_f], so pretty and sweet, so stunning.
I think the names you have are spot on! [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] vibes of spring, flowery, soft vibes

How about:

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Calla[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]April[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Cassia[/name_f]

I agree, magnolia is a bit much. [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f].

[name_m]Ever[/name_m] thought of spelling [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] like Lotte/Lottè?

I’m not loving any of the combos you’ve listed but [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] probably goes the best and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f] would be cute if it rolled better!

I have considered the [name_f]Lotte[/name_f] spelling but I know a girl who pronounces her name [name_f]Lotte[/name_f] as Lott-uh, so that’s all I see every time! It is a shame though as I do love the spelling and I know of other Lotties spelt [name_f]Lotte[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]! And [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is beautiful.

Thank you! I do love [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] :heart:

Adorable! [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] gets my vote

1 Like

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]

[name_m]Or[/name_m] even [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] nn. [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]

I personally prefer Lottie as a nickname for Charlotte to Lottie as a legal given name because I am generally not keen on nicknames as legal given names. However, I love Lottie as a nickname for Charlotte because it has that unexpected vintage elegance to it. My favorite from the list is Lottie Isobel, partly because it has the best flow in my opinion and partly because I appreciate it when people honor deceased relatives in naming their children.

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] is such a lovely name :heart:

I really like:

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] (somehow the -a- looks better that the -o- and the repeated -e ending look pleasing - this is sophisticated and elegant, full of balance but fun too)

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] (charming, bright, and sweet, floral and lovely with spark too)

I love [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]! I have her on my list as a nickname for [name_f]Violetta[/name_f].
I like Isobel/Isabelle best out of your middles list. Both spellings are great. The visually similar endings with [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is really satisfying but I also love the way the repeat O looks with [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]. [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] has slightly sassier vibes to me which maybe fits a tiny bit better with [name_f]Lottie[/name_f], so if I had to choose I’d maybe go for [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]?
I like [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] but it doesn’t flow quite as well.
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] is very cute.
I feel kinda meh on [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f].
I’m not crazy about [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. [name_f]Mae[/name_f] feels a bit filler and blah to me anyways but paired with a nickname-y first name it feels extremely cutesy in a way that I’m not a fan of.

Also. The more I stare at it, the more I think [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is the way to go.

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] is gorgeous :potted_plant:

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] is such a sweet name that feels bright, energetic, wholesome and warm. She has a pretty cottagecore feel you can visualise [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] living in a quaint cottage surrounded by the countryside. She runs through lavender fields chasing her friends and giggling. I think [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] is adorable.

Looking at your list

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] ~ I do like [name_f]Mae[/name_f] but strongly prefer [name_f]May[/name_f] spelling wise. However for me [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] just feels a tad predictable and not as sparkly as your other options.

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] ~ my favourite spelling is [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] she feels wind swept, sweet and warm. I think [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is adorable. I actually think lots of ‘Belle’ names could work with [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] such as [name_f]Christabel[/name_f], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] or [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f].

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] ~ personally I’m not an [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. I do think she works with [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] but I have negative connotations and just hear ‘lice’ I’m just not a fan.

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] ~ this name feels outdoorsy, warm and very very fun. I really like [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] she’s such a sweet nature name which is pretty with [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]. However the flow is a little trippy with the repeated L and O sound. Maybe [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]?

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] ~ oh my gosh this has pulled at my bohemian hippy dippy cottagecore loving self. [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] is such a pretty name she’s bright, whimsical and just so joyous especially paired with [name_f]Lottie[/name_f].

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] has my heart 🪻

Suggestions

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Saffron[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Elswyth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Juniper[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Meredith[/name_f]
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Delphinia[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]

From your list I like [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] magnolia and lotti bluebell

Very cute :tulip:

[name_f]My[/name_f] 2year old daughter is called [name_f]Lotti[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] :slight_smile:
I just love the flow of the name

1 Like

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] for me

Such a pretty name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@CECampbell Thanks for your reply! I do love [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] but just don’t love the popularity of it and since I would call her [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] the whole time I don’t feel the need to call her [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (if that makes sense!) it is very pretty though.

@Greyblue I agree that [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] looks very sophisticated and elegant! and I love your description of [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] :heart:

@sammaegre Oh wow! I have never thought of it as a nn for [name_f]Violetta[/name_f]. I have started loving that recently so I will be putting that on the list! Thank you so much!

@tori101 Thank you for this! I love your description :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You have really made me love the boho/hippy feel of [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] and I have really been thinking about it a lot more! I love [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] (have a weird association with a brand called [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] though)!

@Fabfitfun77 [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] are definitely very sweet - thanks!

@Ehrob1 Another vote for [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]!

After this I am definitely loving [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] a whole lot more!

One last thing: would you name [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] / [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] Bluebell’s siblings?

Thanks again!

4 Likes

[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] could have sisters

[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Pheobe[/name_f] [name_f]Bette[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] (Macie/ Maisie)
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Vale[/name_f]

[name_m]Prescott[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]
[name_m]Hayes[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Albie[/name_m] [name_f]Lou[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]!

It is on my short list for girls right now for the one on the way :heart:

From your list, my favorite is [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]. It has such a sweet ring to it. And I can’t not include an honor, of those, [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]. I prefer the simpler spelling.