Lucia needs a middle name.... again...

So…I was hoping someone might be able to offer me some advice.

We are 100% set on [name]Lucia[/name] for a first name (will be lu-see-ah with a nickname lucy). I had [name]Paige[/name] set as the middle name… this had initially been a first name choice for a very long time and then got demoted to middle name a few months ago. Now I have actually considered getting rid of it entirely. I have no idea how this happened, but I have lost a great deal of interest in it. Somehow I just feel like I don’t love it with the first name. They feel very different stylistically. I still think [name]Paige[/name] is cute and spunky, but something about it with [name]Lucia[/name] doesn’t feel right. If I can’t find anything else I love though, I will probably stick with this combo.

I can’t come up with any better options for a middle name. I don’t like names that are too “off the wall” unusual. Something in the top 200 is fine with me! I also want something with only one or two syllables at most for a middle name, since both the first name and last name have 3 syllables. Last name is italian.

Does anyone have any fresh suggestions for me? I appreciate your help :slight_smile:

[name]Lucia[/name] is very pretty and I love the nickname [name]Lucy[/name]. [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] is very pretty, but I do think they’re two different styles. Here are some other ideas:

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Diana[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

I really like [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. Let me know if you like any of these and maybe I can come up with some others. [name]Hope[/name] this helps!

[name]Laura[/name]

Thank you for your help. I actually like [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] from your list, but unfortunately I tried that one with my husband and he didn’t like it…

I like [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] too but someone I know just used claire as a first name and I will be seeing them frequently. I know it is not a big deal, especially as a middle name… but for some reason I feel a little funny. It is certainly a common enough name that it would not be a big deal if I used it and I think I even told this person the name was in consideration a long time ago as a first name.

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is cute too…but I feel like [name]Rose[/name] is overused as a middle name and would like to avoid filler names or anything too common. For example, I think [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] sounds really nice…but it feels like a filler name to me.

Thanks so much for your suggestions… any others you (or anyone else has) would be very appreciated :slight_smile:

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]May[/name]/[name]Mae[/name] was the first thing that sprang to mind.

Also [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Faye[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]June[/name], [name]Lucian[/name] [name]Jean[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Mary[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Alice[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Esme[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Florence[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Seren[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Willow[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Cara[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Iris[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Edith[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] or [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Mabel[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] those help :slight_smile:

Oh and I just thought of [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Giselle[/name]!

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Adele[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Olive[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Frances[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Helen[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Tess[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Fern[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Cora[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Clara[/name] (instead of [name]Claire[/name] maybe?), [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Estelle[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Celeste[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Margot[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Brooke[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Winter[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Corinne[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Wren[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Camille[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Sarai[/name]…let me know if you want more!! Lol. :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

Does anyone think having three 3 syllable names in a row is bad? I was thinking about [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] with a 3 syllable last name.

Not sure if that feels overwhelming.

Is [name]Juliet[/name] too trendy sounding?

I feel like it sounds a little too romantic maybe… lol.

ok…so my husband is agreeable to [name]Jane[/name] if I really, really like it.

I am so torn…

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] or…
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]…

Italian last name. Which sounds better? [name]Jane[/name] isn’t my style for a first name, but seems very cute when paired with [name]Lucia[/name]. It also is a better match for [name]Lucia[/name] style wise and flows better. [name]Paige[/name] was always a name I really liked, but have lost interest in recently. I still like it for a middle name. I know some see it as trendy…it doesn’t seem popular enough to be considered trendy to me.

Some random person on another website felt [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] sounded hickish… or more specifically, that [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Jane[/name] sounded hickish. Does [name]Jane[/name] have a hickish feel? Or a “plain” [name]Jane[/name] feel? I think paired with a nice first name it is cute.

I need honest opinions. which flows better, looks better and sounds better?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Of [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Paige[/name], I’ll go with [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - it fits better style-wise and makes for a very feminine, elegant combination. It certainly doesn’t sound “hick-ish” at all, and I think it’s rather sophisticated!

If you want others, my first thoughts were [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Belle[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Blair[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Faye[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], and [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Wren[/name] for one-syllable names and [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Corinne[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Frances[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Laurel[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Rosette[/name], and [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Simone[/name] for two-syllable names. My favorites are marked.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thank you [name]Lemon[/name] for responding. You don’t feel this name needs an italian middle name to really work, do you? It sounds like you think it is fine as long as they kind of go stylistically, am I correct? Someone told me they thought [name]Lucia[/name] didn’t sound right without an italian middle name… but yet I know plenty of [name]Gianna[/name]'s and [name]Sophia[/name]'s without italian middle names, and I have never heard any controversy over this before. LOL. The first name and last name will be italian, I don’t want it to be overkill… especially with my son’s scottish name. Yup, I am still having a hard time with the fact that my son and daughter will have mismatched ethnicity names (but both are somewhat classics at least!)

Thank you for your insight & great suggestions as always :slight_smile:

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Simone[/name] is actually interesting to me, but I don’t think my husband would go for it.

Actually, I wouldn’t use an Italian middle name for [name]Lucia[/name] if it were up to me, especially with your Italian last name and your son’s Scottish name. I think if you choose something sophisticated and strong (i.e., [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Simone[/name]) you will be much happier than choosing something soft and sweet, which many Italian names tend to be…

Thanks [name]Lemon[/name]. [name]How[/name] boring would I be if I went with [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]? I feel so unimaginative. I am beginning to see why so many people choose [name]Marie[/name] though… it just sounds good with everything. I think [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] sounds really nice and flows well. It feels very uninspired and like quite the filler name to me, but has the advantage of being classic and sounding nice together.

I am starting to think good name flow is more important though than coming up with an interesting middle name that I love…

I am lost… lol…

Well, I’m hoping you can find a name with great flow that you also love!

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] isn’t boring, but you’re right in saying it isn’t particularly inspired. Actually, I don’t think it has the most wonderful flow - not bad, though - simply because [name]Lucia[/name] and [name]Marie[/name] have rhyming “ee” sounds. So, [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Corinne[/name] or [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Simone[/name] appeal to me a bit more, or even [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Mary[/name]. Why not go all-out classic? Or, do you have a surname you’d like to use with [name]Lucia[/name]? A family name? Something Scottish - [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Bevin[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Blair[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Paisley[/name]?

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Bernadette[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Dolores[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Garnet[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Geraldine[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Maude[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Romilly[/name]

Thanks everyone…

What do you think of [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]… with a 3 syllable last name. Is that just way too much? Too many syllables?

Thought maybe it was a little more interesting than [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Paige[/name].

Hubby doesn’t like some of the others I threw out to him…

I like both [name]Lucia[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] as names but I would have some concern with the “lu” and “ju” beginnings. What about [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you think your husband might like that combo?

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Allouette[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Elle[/name]

[name]Just[/name] out of curiousity, what is your son’s Scottish name? (My son’s name is [name]Kyle[/name] [name]Patrick[/name], and my daughter is [name]Emily[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]–sort of 2 different styles, so I know what you mean.)

I love [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Claire[/name]!
Also:
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
or how about [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Kate[/name]?

WDYT? Maybe you should do a poll of your favorites…it might help!

I love [name]Lucia[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] separately, and I usually think [name]Juliet[/name] is an ideal middle name for most names, but I don’t love the fact that [name]Lucia[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] share two identical vowel sounds - the U and the I. It has a similar issue to [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marie[/name], flow-wise, but actually it’s more severe. If you love it, I’d say go for it, though!

I don’t know how bold you are, but perhaps you could use [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Jillian[/name], or [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Jasmine[/name] as an alternative to [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]? As for other names that remind me of [name]Juliet[/name], I honestly can’t remember what I’ve already suggested, so I’ll just throw some out there - [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Bianca[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Camille[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Fleur[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Giselle[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Joy[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Lenore[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Margaux[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Roxane[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Simone[/name] (I did suggest that before!), [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Therese[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name], and [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]…