Lucius?

Hi

Recently been thinking about and liking the name [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] so I am looking for opinions on it? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it is useable? Please suggest some middle names you think go well with it?

What do you think of the below combos?
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Everard[/name_m] [name_m]Callan[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] [name_m]Everard[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_m]Oswald[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]

Thanks in advance!!

I really like [name_m]Lucius[/name_m], but have been unable to find perfect combo so far.
I would nix [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] with any [name_m]Roman[/name_m] name, but [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Oswald[/name_m] might work

Lucius [name_m]Oswald[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Gregory[/name_m] [name_u]Quest[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] Aimery
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] [name_m]Emil[/name_m]

would be my suggestions

2 Likes

I hate to say it, but it’s a little to close to [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] for my liking and [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] Malfoy in the [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] books wasn’t a great dude. I really like the flow of your second two combos!

2 Likes

Lucius is a handsome name! I’m not a harry potter fan, so I didn’t make that connection. I’m sure other people will though, so that’s something to take into consideration!
I really like [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Everard[/name_m] [name_m]Callan[/name_m] - strong and sweet!

4 Likes

I prefer [name_m]Lucian[/name_m] but [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] is quite nice, albeit that it has the negative HP association

Lucius Franklin Everard is a nice combo! I think the fresh and friendly feeling [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] brings balance to the name!

[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] [name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Tiger[/name_m] [name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]

4 Likes

Thank you for your suggestions! I really like the combo of [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Oswald[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]!

Thank you! I really like [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]

I totally understand your points! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you feel the association with [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] wasnt as negative it would be more useable?

I’ll have to admit, [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] Malfoy was my first association and he’s not exactly great. I do really love [name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_m]Oswald[/name_m] and [name_m]Everard[/name_m] [name_m]Callan[/name_m] though! Maybe [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]/Lucien would work?

2 Likes

I like [name_m]Lucius[/name_m]. I think mainly because I have a friend who named her son [name_m]Lucius[/name_m]. He’s in his late teens now so I can say I think it’s completely useable without tempting the bullies. I’m also clueless in [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] so the only connection I made was to the [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] mentioned in the [name_u]New[/name_u] Testament.

1 Like

I really like Lucius Everard Callan! It flows very well. I like the name [name_m]Lucious[/name_m], it is definitely usable nowadays.

1 Like

I really love [name_m]Lucius[/name_m], and have for a long time. :blush: Of your list, my favourite is [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] [name_m]Everard[/name_m] [name_m]Callan[/name_m] - so handsome!

1 Like

I meet a 5 yr old [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] at the park last week. Didn’t think twice about it. It’s a unusual, striking choice.
I do get the associations, but I don’t think they’re an issue.

1 Like

Lucas is a name with more favorable connotations.

Sorry if it’s just me, but when I heard [name_m]Lucius[/name_m], all I could think of was [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m]… maybe that’s just me, though. I like [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] or [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] or even [name_u]Luca[/name_u]. That of course is just me. I wish the best for you.

I feel like [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] is getting a bad rep because it’s used for slimeball characters in books/TV/film. Thinking of [name_m]Lucius[/name_m] Malfoy and [name_m]Lucious[/name_m] [name_m]Lyon[/name_m], but these associations will only be made by certain groups of people. I have a hard time picturing it on a baby.