Lucretia?

I’d probably never use this name - I’ve read entirely too much about Lady Borgia - but it does have kind of a pretty sound to it. What do you all think?

I actually love the name!! It has a vintage feel to me and a very melodic tone to it. I love [name]Luca[/name] for boys so I don’t think I would ever use it because of that but it is really beautiful :slight_smile:

It’s one of those [name]Lucy[/name] names that I want to like but find it makes me think of the word excrete instead sorry

I like [name]Luciana[/name] and [name]Lucia[/name] more…And find [name]Luca[/name] is also nice for boys or girls

I love the sound and feel of [name]Lucretia[/name], but like you, I’ve read entirely too much about the Borgia’s. I do think it would make a wonderful name and [name]Lucy[/name] would make it so wearable on a little girl.

I love it, but just FYI, her name was spelled [name]Lucrezia[/name]. I like that spelling better, and it also gives the nn option of [name]Zia[/name], which I love.

Yes, I know it’s [name]Lucrezia[/name] in Italian, but that changes the pronunciation - I prefer the English pronunciation and I don’t think I’d ever be able to get anyone in the States to say “[name]Lu[/name]-CRET-zee-yah” anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

Its not a name I would use, but it would be totally cool on someone else.