Lucy, Daisy or Hazel

We are down to these three names for baby girl expected in two weeks.
We have a son call [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Jack[/name_u] (known as Ted).

For middle names thinking:
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] are both popular where we live - top 20 names.
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] isn’t but I’m just worried it won’t age well/sounds too much like a name for a pet or a cow. We are from dairy farming country!

Tempted to pick [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] as less common but feel I might get negative feedback? Otherwise my favorite is probably [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] but it is popular and I know of a few Lucys already ranging in age from toddlers to middle aged, which isn’t necessarily bad.

2 Likes

I would use Lucy, 100%.
It’s such a beautiful, bright, sweetly vintage, warm, kind, adorable name, and it’s got so many positive associations for most people, and most importantly, you said it’s probably your favourite! I would say even if it’s popular, it’s always worth using a name you love. I know many people with top 20 names who’ve never met someone else with the name :slight_smile: Lucy and Theodore/Ted sound brilliant together!
For middle names, I love Lucy Adeline! It feels so bright and bubbly yet so classic and elegant! I would also suggest Lucy Hazel, which feels so warm and beautifully vintage (I love Hazel as a first name too, but I think it works so wonderfully as a middle) :heart_eyes::star_struck:
I’d avoid Daisy just because you’re concerned about the associations (which are definitely there), though it is a sweet name :slight_smile:

6 Likes

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] is probably my favorite with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] as second! I think [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] would be gorgeous🥰

1 Like

Congrats!
All three options are great, and go well with Theodore Jack!
Hazel is the only name that you haven’t listed drawbacks for, besides it being in the top 20, but it sounds like you like Daisy and Lucy more. Lucy is common, I do know quite a few, but if you feel it’s the one, go for it! The same goes for Daisy, and if it helps, I know a teenage Daisy who wears it well, and I don’t think anyone sees it as a pet/cow name, although that might be different if you live in dairy farming country. All three names give me spunky, nature-y, hopscotch-and-jump-rope, reading-in-a-tree, flower-crowns-and-friendship-bracelet vibes! I don’t really think you could go wrong with anyone, so just go with your gut! Maybe keep all three as options and decide once you meet the baby? (Sorry, I guess I’m not being helpful when it comes to narrowing it down, lol.)
Good luck and congratulations again!

i absolutely love the name daisy. daisy maeve would be so cute with theodore jack <3

I love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is beautiful too!

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] would be gorgeous

Another vote for Lucy Adeline. So lovely!

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] :heart_eyes: is classic, cool, and ages well!

I like [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] the most with Theo/Theodore

(changing my answer because i didn’t exactly read the entire thing)

lucy adeline gets my vote!

i absolutely adore hazel with theodore! but lucy is your favorite name. so use lucy!!

I agree with everything @MalibuBrie said!

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] would be my favorite.

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f].

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] sounds fab to me! I’m also keen on [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] :blossom: I genuinely don’t think a child named [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] will receive negative feedback throughout her life, and I consider myself a nervous [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]! But I think they are all cute names, and I wouldn’t worry about an animal association. I know a [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and I never think of cow in relation to her, lol.

I’m a Daisy myself, and while I don’t think the name has too many negative associations, if you truly don’t like it I’d say don’t use it! Lucy Adeline or Lucy Maeve would be gorgeous and it would go so well with Theodore!

I like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]!

I love all three! Which probably isn’t helpful.
I think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] feels the must classic and timeless to me. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] both sound like perfection!

1 Like

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]! Another vote for [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]!

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]! The combination could not be more lovely. It’s a beautiful, classic name that she will no doubt receive many compliments. If you’re concerned about the sincerity or maturity of [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], I would say that is your answer to not move forward with that option.