Lucy vs Etta

• Etta Jane
  • Lucy Estelle
0 voters

More daydreams for a hypothetical future 3rd baby.
Lucy Estelle would sound soooooo nice with our last name, but I have heard of soooo many little Lucy’s born near us lately. It’s still timeless and classic but has a little less spark for me due to the popularity here.
Etta Jane has a bit more pizazz I feel, but I’m not sure it would have as warm of a reception with family.

1 Like

I can never go past the sweetness of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

1 Like

Both are lovely but [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is so sparky

1 Like

[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] for me! Similar to your own experience, I just know a lot of girls & women named [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucie[/name_f], so [name_f]Etta[/name_f] feels more unexpected and like a name with more character. Plus I just love how sweet, vintage, and easy to spell and pronounce she is – she’s a great name! Your family would warm up to the name once they got to meet your adorable baby daughter.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]. It’s so pretty. I’ve never been sure about [name_f]Etta[/name_f] as a name. It seems more of a diminutive to me. Such as when you have [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f], [name_f]Loretta[/name_f], [name_f]Annetta[/name_f] etc.

3 Likes

I don’t hate [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. It is a great name with great history.

But [name_f]Etta[/name_f] :heart_eyes: what a great name!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] is incredibly sweet and pretty, but voted for [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] because I agree it has more spark, & you’re less likely to encounter another!

1 Like

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] is gentle, sweet, melodic and bright. I love it!

1 Like

I prefer Lucy Estelle :sparkles: I wonder if Estelle nn Etta is an option?
Estelle Jane or Estelle Lucia are gorgeous

2 Likes

I’ve considered [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] nn [name_f]Etta[/name_f]. I also heard Ettalie nn [name_f]Etta[/name_f] and trying to decide how I feel about that one?

Thank you for hyping up [name_f]Etta[/name_f] :raised_hands::heart:

I recently heard Ettalie nn [name_f]Etta[/name_f]. I can’t decide if I dig it or not. What do you think?

There was an Italian restaurant called [name_m]Little[/name_m] Eat-aly so I think that’s putting me off of Ettalie because it seems too close. :joy:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal preference is [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] over Ettalie but the nickname [name_f]Etta[/name_f] is darling

1 Like

I agree with you. It would put me off as well. I would stick with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], or you could go with [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], nickname [name_f]Etta[/name_f]. It would work.

I love the jazzy vibe of Etta and the double letters. Etta Jane is super sweet together. There’s also Louetta if you want a name with both sounds.

2 Likes

Hmmm…. Making note of [name_f]Louetta[/name_f]!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is so lovely, it really reminds me of the jazz singer [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_m]James[/name_m] - certainly a level of pizzazz to that

1 Like

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] :white_heart: she’s so pretty

[name_f]Etta[/name_f] just feels a bit incomplete to me.

[name_m]Or[/name_m] otherwise as others suggested [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] or [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] are just as lovely and the nn [name_f]Etta[/name_f] would totally work :tulip:

1 Like