Lucy

Without immediately revealing my husband’s concern, I would like to hear opinions on the name [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Butler[/name]. Middle name is undecided at this point!
Thank you!

I prefer [name]Lucy[/name] as a nn for [name]Lucienne[/name] personally, but [name]Lucy[/name] itself is very cute.

If your husband is anything like my Fiance, I have a feeling of what his concern may be… a play on words perhaps? lol

If it is any constellation- I have been trying to figure out the pun with [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Butler[/name]… and I can’t come up with anything that makes much sense- I’m looking for it and still don’t see it, so that’s a good sign! :slight_smile:

I have been considering [name]Lucille[/name] nn [name]Lucy[/name] lately as well. Which is so not my style- but there is an adorable baby girl that goes to my church named [name]Lucille[/name] that has made me love the name :slight_smile:

Unless it has something to do with loose and butt, then I don’t know! (but I have a feeling I’m on the right track)

I love the name [name]Lucy[/name]!

So the name is useable, right?
Your guesses regarding the play on words is correct, and he has already vetoed [name]Harriet[/name] (hairy) & [name]Poppy[/name] (poopy) for the same reason. At first I considered his concerns, but I’m starting to feel like they are a bit silly. I never experienced teasing in school, so these first name/ last name combos seem like a nonissue to me… However, I didn’t grow up with the last name [name]Butler[/name]!

I think it’s completely usable! Children young enough to tease (where they would actually hurt the other kid’s feelings and not be funny) would not get this reference. They would probably get poopy and hairy, but not loose. In the older grades when they would understand this, I would hope that little [name]Lucy[/name] would be able to laugh it off.

I only got the reference because I was looking for it. I NEVER would have noticed anything off otherwise.

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Butler[/name] is fine. Tell your husband at least its not like this guy’s name I knew in high school. [name]Levi[/name] Seymore Butts! Now that is bad!

He is overthinking a little bit with this one. I agree on [name]Harriet[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name]. I think [name]Lucy[/name] is gorgeous.