Luke or Lukas

[name_f]My[/name_f] wife and I are trying to decide on [name_m]Luke[/name_m] or [name_m]Lukas[/name_m] for our incoming son. His middle name will be [name_u]Michael[/name_u]. The reason for the different spelling of [name_m]Lukas[/name_m] is because 1. [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] is too common. 2. [name_f]My[/name_f] wife has german heritage so [name_m]Lukas[/name_m] seems more fitting than [name_m]Lucas[/name_m].

[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Lukas[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]

Thanks for any advice!

I like both names, but [name_m]Lukas[/name_m] stands out a little more, in a good way.

I think [name_m]Lukas[/name_m] stands out more. [name_m]Luke[/name_m] would be a great NN, but I prefer the full name of [name_m]Lukas[/name_m].

BTW I love the spelling of [name_m]Lukas[/name_m].

Definitely [name_m]Lukas[/name_m]. As people have said above it stands out more and it has, especially with this spelling, a very European feel that’s quite appealing.

[name_m]Lukas[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] sounds and looks good

[name_m]Lukas[/name_m] flows much better with the middle name, and is less common, so I think I would do [name_m]Lukas[/name_m]!

I think [name_m]Lukas[/name_m] flows better with the middle name, and there’s nothing to stop you having [name_m]Luke[/name_m] as a nickname!

I like [name_m]Lukas[/name_m]. It’s lovely, especially with a ‘k’ for some reason. Go for it!

I prefer [name_m]Lukas[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] and you can always call him [name_m]Luke[/name_m] if you want!

One more vote for [name_m]Lukas[/name_m] here.

I think [name_m]Lukas[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is wonderful!

Definitely [name_m]Lukas[/name_m]! You can then use [name_m]Luke[/name_m] or [name_m]Luka[/name_m] as a nickname if you want.

I prefer [name_m]Lukas[/name_m]! :slight_smile: