Lulu?

My latest name crush is [name]Lulu[/name]- I love the sweet quirkiness of it but everytime I tell someone (friends, family) they either think I’m kidding or hate it! So what do you guys honestly think? Is [name]Lulu[/name] a wearable name?

I love [name]Lulu[/name]! I would never use [name]JUST[/name] [name]Lulu[/name], but I love it as a nn for [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Luella[/name], [name]Lucia[/name]/[name]Luciana[/name], [name]Luna[/name], [name]Lucy[/name]/[name]Lucie[/name], and [name]Tallulah[/name]. I think [name]Lulu[/name] could work as a nn without really any relation to the name, too. One of my favorite girls at my church is named [name]Delany[/name], nn Lany. I used to call her Lany [name]Lulu[/name] all the time. :slight_smile: I call my sister, [name]Natalie[/name], “[name]Lulu[/name]” too (well, she started out as [name]Natalie[/name], then I called her [name]Natalia[/name], [name]Talia[/name], [name]Tallie[/name], and then that kinda morphed into occasionally being called [name]Tallulah[/name], so I sometimes call her [name]Lulu[/name], too).

All my siblings seem to love it (the nn, not exactly me using the nn for my little sister), but my mom thought it was awful. We couldn’t believe it, lol. I think [name]Lulu[/name] is so cute, and I think it could turn into [name]Lou[/name]/[name]Lu[/name], which is spunky and fresh for a girl, I think.

Good luck!

[name]Lulu[/name] is adorable, but I don’t think it stands on it’s own. You got some great full name suggestions from the previous poster, and I’m sure your family would embrace it as a nickname as long as there was a more substantial name to fall back on.

I agree with previous post, [name]Lulu[/name] is adorable and cute but i dont think it stands on its own.
It usually annoys me when people name a child something and then call them exclusively and only by a nickname but in this case i think [name]Lulu[/name] should just be a nickname and she should have another option.

[name]Lucia[/name]/[name]Lucy[/name]/[name]Lucinda[/name]/[name]Luciana[/name]/[name]Tallulah[/name] are all names i think would work. :slight_smile:

I agree with all above. [name]Lulu[/name] is a cute nickname but is not so great on the birth certificate. Were you thinking of it as the full name? It’s the kind of nn a kid might love or hate. Three-year-old [name]Lulu[/name] is cute, but 25-year-old [name]Lulu[/name] and 50-year-old [name]Lulu[/name] sound kind of strange. She would probably want another choice of name she could use.

[name]Lulu[/name] also sounds like the kind of nn you might call someone occasionally (maybe in addition to other nicknames), but not so often that nobody knows their real name.

Any name with the lu sound would work: [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Lucienne[/name], Lucianne, [name]Lucinda[/name], [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Luisa[/name], [name]Luna[/name], [name]Malou[/name], Louane, [name]Louise[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Tallulah[/name]. Maybe even any name that begins with an L. Anyone can be called a lulu - as a slang word for someone remarkable. What a lulu.

My two year-old is called [name]Lulu[/name]. I imagine that when she’s older, she’ll choose to go by her full name or a different nickname. But, she’ll always get [name]Lulu[/name] from me now and then, just to remind her that she’ll always be my little girl.

My niece is [name]Laurel[/name] (18 months old) and she goes by [name]Lulu[/name] sometimes. I think it’s best as a nn.

I adore [name]Lulu[/name] as a nickname, but can’t see myself every using it as a first name. I did know a girl in middle school though whose name was just [name]Lulu[/name]. Of course I have no idea what she’s like now as an adult, but back then she definitely pulled off her name, and not in a cutesy way either. It just fit her personality.