Luna or Scarlett?

Which name do you like better and why?

They are both beautiful names! I think I’m leaning more towards [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], just because it has more potential for nick names and I love them!

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. It seems a lot… cooler to me I guess. [name_f]Luna[/name_f] reminds me of [name_f]Luna[/name_f] Lovegood from [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]. [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] sounds like a more rebellious version of [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. Also, I like color names! [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is too popular for my taste. It is pretty, but my vote goes to [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f].

1 Like

This is such a tough choice, I don’t know if I can choose because my opinion changes every day! But right now I’m leaning towards [name_f]Luna[/name_f]

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]! I think [name_f]Luna[/name_f] trended quickly and will date quickly as well, while [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] is classic and very classy! I also love the nickname options [name_f]Lettie[/name_f] or [name_u]Scout[/name_u]!

1 Like

[name_f]Luna[/name_f] – It has a nice soft, flowy sound and feel compared to [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], which I personally find rather harsh.

I love both,but I slightly prefer [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] it’s soft and elegant yet strong,the perfect balance in my opinion

1 Like

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] is timeless and will transcend the trends. [name_f]Luna[/name_f], while lovely, will probably be somewhat of a Jennifer/Jessica of the next generation due to how quickly it shot up the charts! For this reason I’d go for [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f].

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] has such a timeless elegance to it and I also think it ages better; I can imagine it on a human of any age. There’s also no strong association to a character, whereas [name_f]Luna[/name_f] makes many people think of [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m].

Also [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is a super duper popular dog name, and as someone with a popular dog name (who has met more dogs than people who share my name) it can be a bit annoying.

1 Like

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] has such a distinct personality to it! I love it!

I prefer [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] mainly because I see so many dogs being named [name_f]Luna[/name_f] nowadays (as well as children)! Both are lovely though

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f].

I’m sick of seeing [name_f]Luna[/name_f] everywhere now, and it just reminds me of lunatic :grimacing:

1 Like

Both are so beautiful! One of the first combos I made when I was younger was Scarlett Luna.
Scarlett is romantic and sophisticated, and Luna is magical and whimsical. I think these days Luna fits my style a bit better as a first name.

[name_f]Luna[/name_f]. There’s nothing objectively wrong with the name [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], but it just doesn’t do it for me personally.

Scarlett is my favorite! It’s elegant and colorful. While I love the meaning of Luna, where I live it’s a common dog name choice… It’s adorable for a child, but unfortunately, I have a hard time imagining an adult woman named Luna. I prefer Lua, Luana or Moon.

1 Like