Lyla or Lila

Which spelling do you prefer and why

Lyla! Because:

1. it’s more popular, so less likely than Lila to get misspelled
  2. I’d want to pronounce Lila like lil-ah instead of lye-lah

[name_f]Lyla[/name_f]! It feels more complete to me, and it’s more of an obvious pronunciation. (I’m biased, too, though. [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] is the way my cousin spells her name.)

Lyla!!! I think it looks nicer and clears up pronounciation

[name_f]Lila[/name_f], I just find it to look more visually appealing and maybe a little more gentle too.

Lila. It feels more gentle. Lyla is a bit too flouncy for me :slight_smile:

[name_f]Lyla[/name_f] - i just like how it looks

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] because its pronunciation is more instinctive

Honestly, I love both but Lila gets my vote! I like that it’s similar to lilac and overall i think looks slightly prettier. Lila is the original way the name was spelled and I think Lyla is a variant.

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] (or Lilah). I prefer the i because I get a sweeter/more classic vibe from it, it makes me think of lilacs, and I tend to not like Y alternate spellings much even if they are established variants because of how trendy randomly substituting Ys has been.

I prefer [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] because [name_f]Lila[/name_f] just looks like [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] missing a letter to me :see_no_evil: and it also reminds me of the word lilo as in the inflatable beds :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Both are lovely :dizzy:

However I prefer [name_f]Lila[/name_f] I just like how this name visually looks she feels sleeker, more tailored and elegant.

This is my thoughts as well

1 Like

[name_f]Lila[/name_f]. It feels more floral to me, and that’s usually a major plus in my book as a nature name lover.

[name_f]Lila[/name_f], it feels more like the proper spelling!! :heart:

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] wins for me for reasons that have already been offered. It’s the more instinctive spelling in my opinion, it looks more classic compared to [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] which looks trendy to me, and I think the [name_f]Lila[/name_f] spelling has a more visually appealing flow.

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] pronounced like [name_f]Mila[/name_f] but with an L