Lyle?

What are your opinions on the name [name]Lyle[/name]? Is it too nerdy? Too old? Would it be better as a middle name? I really like it, but I don’t want my son to get made fun of though either. Any and all opinions are welcome!

I love [name]Lyle[/name]! Sure it’s nerdy, but I honestly don’t think there’s such a thing as too nerdy. You could use it as a middle name if you’re really worried about teasing, but I think it’s sort of on the cool side of nerdy. [name]Do[/name] you have any ideas for the middle name?

I’m not too sure on middle names yet. I want something that makes it more “cool” yet nothing crazy, if that makes sense. I’ve come up with [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Beckett[/name], but after that I’m stuck. Suggestions are totally welcome :slight_smile:

I think [name]Lyle[/name] is one of those names that is just right for a revival. It’s kinda cool, kinda nerdy, kinda retro, and just a little handsome. Because of [name]Lyle[/name]'s similarity to [name]Kyle[/name], I can easily see [name]Lyle[/name] as the popular high school football star. If you’re worried about teasing, you might want to consider [name]Lionel[/name]. To me [name]Lionel[/name] is much cooler and edgier but it would take a certain type of guy to pull it off.

I do really like [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Beckett[/name]. Other ideas:

[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Julian[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Broderick[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Dominic[/name]

[name]Lyle[/name] is one of my favorite names! It has always struck me as both cute and cool, but I can see how it could be perceived as nerdy.

[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Everett[/name] – This has been mentioned already, but I love it!
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]

On 16 & pregnant just a little while ago teen mom [name]Nikole[/name] named her son [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]. I definitely think it is up for a revival if even a teen doesn’t think her son would get made fun of if she gave him that name. I myself think it is very nice. [name]Love[/name] [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Justice[/name] (sorry, I am on a virtue name kick lately LOL)

I like [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name], but I feel like I need something a little more “fun.” Maybe something like [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Channing[/name], [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Finn[/name], [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Jonas[/name], [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]. It’s kind of hard to find something that flows well that I like!

[name]Lyle[/name] is great! I’m a huge [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Lovett[/name] fan, so the name is very familiar, yet I never meet anyone named [name]Lyle[/name]. As for middle names, I think they should come from your heart, not from how it sounds with the first name. Middle names are perfect for honoring family, artists, random interests, and/or names you would never use as the first name. Who has been influential in your life? Who would you want your son to look up to?

Good luck!

I don’t have any middle name suggestions, but I liked the previous poster who suggested family names.
As for [name]Lyle[/name], I rather like it. I’ve only known one [name]Lyle[/name]. He had red hair and was the photographer for our college newspaper. We girls on the writing staff all had small crushes on him.

[name]Lyle[/name] has been on my mind a lot lately! [name]Love[/name] it, it doesn’t really sound old to me but maybe because it’s so old it seems fresh and unique. I also have been on a [name]Sebastian[/name] kick so [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] is gorgeous. Some “fun” middle names could be:

[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Asher[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Felix[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Dmitri[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Bailey[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Chance[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Autry[/name]

You know [name]Lyle[/name] looks like an easy name to pronounce but it isnt I think [name]Lionel[/name] is MUCH nicer.

I know a 2 year old [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] and yes, his parents are nerdy (Though I would consider them more cute nerdy than obnoxious nerdy If you know what I mean). [name]Lyle[/name] is a name that grows on people.

[name]Lyle[/name] [name]Chandler[/name] or [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Archer[/name] or [name]Lyle[/name] [name]Rafferty[/name]

I think [name]Lyle[/name] is pretty cute!

This is a very OLD thread