Lysanna

What do you think of the name Lysanna? What do you think of the combo Lysanna [name]Ruth[/name]?

I’m assuming it’s pronounced lye-SANN-ah.
Makes me think of [name]Lysander[/name] from A Midsummer [name]Night[/name]'s [name]Dream[/name].

Sounds made up.

A little awkward, I think, besides the fact that it sounds made up. I love [name]Ruth[/name], but don’t think it works well with Lysanna. What about just [name]Anna[/name] or [name]Louisa[/name]? I love [name]Ruth[/name] with those!

Edited: I searched around, and Lysanna is a legitimate name.

Lysanna is suppose to be a combination of [name]Lys[/name] and [name]Hannah[/name].

Is it pronounced [name]LIZ[/name]-anna? If so, I think it’s nice. If it’s Lye-sanna, I like it less.

Where did you come across the name and does it have any special meaning to you? It’s definitely a name that stands out, if that’s what you’re looking for.

My mom’s name is Ruthanna [name]Sue[/name], Ruthanna being a combination of [name]Ruth[/name] and [name]Hannah[/name]. I am trying to come up with a combo with [name]Ruth[/name] as a middle name and a first name that combines either [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Sue[/name] , or some variation; or [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Lily[/name], or some variation. Some combos I’ve come up with before are: [name]Lilyanna[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] and [name]Susanna[/name] [name]Ruth[/name].

Since it’s a combo of [name]Lys[/name] and [name]Hannah[/name] is it [name]Ly[/name]-san-na? I think that it sounds okay.

But I do like your combination of [name]Susanna[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] more! I think that [name]Susanna[/name] is such a wonderful name to put with [name]Ruth[/name]!

If it is pronounced lye-sanna, i would be afraid children might teasde about lice.

I’ve been thinking it as being pronounced lis-anna.

A book I read awhile ago had a character named Lissiana (I’m assuming prn Liss-ee-ahn-ah) and I thought it was kind of interesting.

It seems really simple and not “made up” to combine anna to a name. It seems like a familiar name, but it’s not listed. I would pronounce it lissanna, maybe leesanna, not too much leess, but more lees than liss. Never imagined anyone would say it was lye-sanna.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with this name and it’s pretty.

Lissiana is nice. What does it mean?

My first impression was “Lysol” but I think the pronunciation you chose is appealing and I would probably appreciate it if I met someone with the name. [name]Susanna[/name] is sweet with [name]Ruth[/name], too.