Ma”lle

So DH and I have been discussing this name, and I just wanted to get some feedback here. We would pronounce it Mah-ell-eh. Our DD is [name]Juliette[/name], so we’ve been struggling to find something that goes with her name. Her name is so French and feminine, and we’re having trouble liking anything else that fits this bill – everything else just seems so over-the-top frilly to me, or too “out there” for DH.

Thanks!

Ma”lle is lovely! I think that it definitely compliments and works beautifully with [name]Juliette[/name]. My only concern is that most people would probably pronounce it either “may-elle” or “my-elle”, without pronouncing the slight “leh” sound at the end that it usually pronounced with feminine names and words. However, people learn quickly, and I’m sure that her classmates, teachers, bosses, and co-wokers would almost immediately pick up the proper pronunciation.

Another name you might like is Ma”lys (pronounced like “my-eh-lees” or “mah-eh-lees” - both are trying to describe the same sound). I believe Ma”lle and Ma”lys have the same etymology. [name]Hope[/name] this helps!

• [name]Sydnee[/name]