Mabel, Amabel or Mirabel?

Out of these names which do you prefer?

I love [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and like it with my sibling names ([name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]) and It has family meaning. But family members opinions have really put me off the name. My mum’s name is [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] so I like the [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] part (honouring two family members). Whilst searching theses names [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] was what other people had searched, and I quite liked it. All these have lovely meanings too :slight_smile:

Which do you prefer, and would you put them with my children’s names?

All very nice names. I like [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] the best with the other two names, they sound very sweet together. I probably like [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] the best overall though I think.

I like [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] the best. It goes very well with [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] and [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]. [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] is nice too, but it stands out a bit. And I don’t like [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] at all.

This is exactly why I won’t discuss potential names with family (or even friends for that matter)!
I love [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] the best and I agree it’s a perfect fit with your other names.

This is exactly why I won’t discuss potential names with family (or even friends for that matter)!
I love [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] the best and I agree it’s a perfect fit with your other names.

I really like both [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f], especially with [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]. If I had to choose, I’d go with [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] because it works well with your other children and I prefer it over [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]. Although [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] works better with [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_f]Tilly[/name_f].

I really like [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]. It’s my favorite from your choices and I think it sounds great with your other children’s names.

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] goes well with [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], but [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is my favorite.

[name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] are gorgeous together!

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]! The other options are very pretty, but they seem a bit frilly compared to [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]. [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] is feminine but strong. I love it. I have a small cousin named [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and she is such a spitfire =)

I like [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] the best. :slight_smile:

Well [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] is the best fit in my opinion. It wins by a mile. I am impartial to all three of the names but [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], & [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] just make the best sibset. They sound great together and match stylistically. Plus, [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] also has the advantage of being your favorite. And you have to chose your favorite.

Second pick would be [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]. I like it, it’s very cute and less common use of the exceedingly popular ‘bel’. I can see how one might call [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] old fashioned, and [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] has similar sounds but is a little more modern. It’s very pleasant.

[name_f]Amabel[/name_f] is not bad and I like that it honors two people but it just doesn’t appeal to me as much as either of the other options. It does have an interesting history though. And I suppose if you used this one, you could use [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] as a nn.

Best of luck and p.s. I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] - the possible nickname [name_f]Ama[/name_f] feels really warm, and there’s also [name_f]Belle[/name_f] or [name_f]Bella[/name_f], plus it would honour your mother. It does feel a bit different from [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] stylistically, but not bizarrely so.

[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is my next favourite - a pretty (if kind of frilly [name_f]IMO[/name_f]) name, and [name_f]Mira[/name_f] and [name_f]Miri[/name_f] are great nicknames.

I’m not fond of [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] myself - I know it’s seeing more use, but it still feels old lady-ish to me.

I don’t care for [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] is my fav!

Definitely [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]. The other names are wonderful, as well.

[name_f]Amabel[/name_f] is so beautiful and underused! I like it the best of three. Bonus: it can be shortened to [name_f]Amy[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f] or [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]. I think [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] and [name_f]Amy[/name_f] would be very sweet together.

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] is lovely and it is gaining in popularity. I wouldn’t worry about what people say about it, most people don’t realize what is fashionable with baby names unless they have young ones of their own. (or are name nerds) There’s no reason not to use it if it is the name you love. I also love this name and might consider it for my next if I end up with another girl. Any of your choices are good though. The main problem I see with [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] is that since it is rare and [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is popular it will constantly be confused with it. If that doesn’t bother you though it is a lovely name with personal significance to you. [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is also a lovely. Go with the one you feel is right.

[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is the only usable one of these

I adore [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]! It is one of my favorite names and is cute for a baby but is also sophisticated and could age well with someone.

I love [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] with your sibset, but love the family significance of [name_f]Amabel[/name_f]. I’d probably pick [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] and call her [name_f]Ama[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], or [name_f]Belle[/name_f], but that’s just me. Going with [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] is good too. I like the sound of [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f], but I like the others better with your sibset.