Mabry

Opinions on this name? Would you use it for a boy or girl? I know of someone with this last name but I’ve seen it as a first name too. Be honest!:blush:
Pronounced: May-Bree

I prefer it for a girl! I’m not sure instinctively if it is pronounced [name_f]May[/name_f]-bree or [name_f]Mab[/name_f]-ree, but I like both pronunciations, particularly the first one. It reminds me of [name_f]Maeby[/name_f] and [name_f]Maelie[/name_f], which I think are super sweet and spunky.

1 Like

I think it’s cute and I automatically think girl

1 Like

I like it! I definitely see it on a girl, not a boy.

1 Like

Mabry is one of my friend’s friend’s name (she actually lived in my current room in my apartment last year haha!). It feels like a sassy southern name, definitely a girl. I also knew of a girl named [name_f]Mabry[/name_f] at my old dance studio.

Maebry is my preferred spelling.

1 Like

This is cute! I like it on a girl— one of my newer GP’s that I’m considering moving to my “actual” list is the similar [name_m]Mabon[/name_m], so [name_f]Mabry[/name_f]’s a yes from me :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s nice, but I think the spelling Maebry is a little more phonetic!

1 Like

Mabry is really bright and fun! [name_f]My[/name_f] instinct would have been to rhyme the first syllable with cab, but I really like [name_f]May[/name_f]-bree. I definitely see it on a girl!

1 Like

I prefer it on a girl - perhaps its the traditionally feminine sounds ‘[name_f]May[/name_f]’ and ‘[name_f]Bree[/name_f]’ that make me feel that way? I think it’s cute! I’ve never heard of it before as a first name or a last name so it’s certainly an interesting find. :smile:

1 Like

I really like it. I used to have Maebry on my list a while back, and if I remember rightly, an OG member has a daughter called this as well which is when I came across it and loved it! :blush:

1 Like

It seems feminine to me. I don’t really like the sound. It sounds like someone trying to say “maybe” with a spoonful of porridge in their mouth.

I like it! It’s definitely a girls name to me because, as above says, it seems like a combination of [name_f]May[/name_f] and [name_f]Bree[/name_f]/Brie, BUT I can see how it could be unisex! I would assume the pronunciation is MAY-BREE like you said, but I can see issues with people mispronouncing it as MAY-BRY or MAH-BRY (both rhyming with ‘eye’) or even MAB-REE, so the Maebry spelling might avoid that :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s really pretty! I’d assume girl but given that it’s a surname I think it’s pretty unisex and could be used on a boy too.

1 Like

Mabry is cute and bright! I do prefer the Maebry spelling though

1 Like

I’d assume girl if I heard it on someone, but can see on both. I’d spell it Maebry. It’s nice although not my cup of tea.

1 Like

It definitely sounds feminine to me. I can’t really imagine it on a boy. I think it’s a lovely name. It sounds super trendy but in a good way and [name_f]May[/name_f] is such a sweet nickname. I think I prefer the spelling Mabri a little bit more.

1 Like