Mac or Mack

[name_f]My[/name_f] partner and I really like this name. But we disagree on how it should be spelled (Mac or Mack). Our last name is very [name_m]Irish[/name_m] and we are very [name_m]Irish[/name_m]. The name is not short for anything, that would be the baby’s first name.

1 Like

i’m not sure what spelling is the go to for irish, but from an outside perspective, if your surname is very irish, mac might get confused for a misplaced space instead of a first name, then being assumed as macsurname. i’d go for mack then, perhaps.

Probably [name_m]Mack[/name_m], as a full name. It just looks more ‘complete’ to me

[name_m]Mack[/name_m] does look more complete.

1 Like

I agreed that [name_m]Mack[/name_m] looks more complete!

I personally like [name_m]Mac[/name_m] best :slight_smile:

I love [name_m]Mack[/name_m]! [name_m]Mac[/name_m] is more hamburger to me!

[name_m]Mack[/name_m] feels more complete!

I agree with all of the above, [name_m]Mack[/name_m] feels most complete!

Mack!!!

[name_m]Mack[/name_m] seems more “complete” to me. also what @Aren said about macsurname

1 Like

I agree. Husband and 90% of the people I’ve asked irl think [name_m]Mac[/name_m] is the preferred choice. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Hmm, would he be the same re [name_m]Zac[/name_m] or [name_m]Jac[/name_m]? [name_m]Or[/name_m] would he pick Zach/Zack/Jack?

I think if it were a nickname/shortening, I’d choose [name_m]Mac[/name_m] but for a full name - and to reduce the number of questions for the child (“is it short for anything?”), I would choose [name_m]Mack[/name_m]. I get why people might like the look of [name_m]Mac[/name_m] more but it doesn’t quite have the completeness of a standalone name.

I like [name_m]Mac[/name_m] more than [name_m]Mack[/name_m] :slight_smile: but both are great!