Mackynzie Renee Duggar?

So, what do you think?
[name]Joshua[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] Duggar just had their baby girl and named her Mackynzie [name]Renee[/name].

Personally, I think it’s really cute. I just hate that they had to spell it wrong. It would have been just as cute spelled correctly.
Here’s the article about it, if you’d like to read it:
http://tv.yahoo.com/18-kids-and-counting/show/43716/news/tv.accesshollywood.com/tlcs-duggar-family-welcomes-first-grandchild-20091009

But I’d like to hear your opinions :slight_smile: lol

i think it’s horrible, more people are going to start spelling it like that now

I really don’t like it, but congrats to them!

Mackynzie seems quite dated to me, but mainly I am just relived that it’s not a J.

Mackynzie, especially spelled that way, seems very childish, not to mention that the traditional [name]Mackenzie[/name] means “[name]SON[/name] of [name]Kenneth[/name]” - a male name. I like [name]Renee[/name], though.

[name]Both[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] are Hebrew names, so I would have picked a Hebrew name for baby Duggar as well. [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Renee[/name] Duggar would have been sweet!

Very dated I hope that they aren’t on the M trail now with their future babies and I hope that they can learn to spell.

I really hate it. The surname [name]Mackenzie[/name] is bad enough, but did they have to misspell it?

Eye thynk that it’s vyry yooneek.

[name]Love[/name] your reply [name]Jill[/name]!

[name]Love[/name] your reply [name]Jill[/name]![/quote]

:slight_smile: Thanks, [name]Rollo[/name]. He he…

Apparently, someone in the family already did! It was [name]Josh[/name]'s cousin’s name! Not only is it a silly, childish, misspelled name, it’s practically stolen!

And, they haven’t committed to using M’s for all of their children. But, with the first being Mackynzie, will the next be Madysin? Ugh.

I’m wondering why they didn’t pick a lovely biblical name… Or even a lovely name for that matter? And why couldn’t they spell it right? It’s or [name]McKenzie[/name] [name]Mackenzie[/name] not Mackynzie. I ditto everyone who said they hope there’s not going to be an ‘M’ theme. [name]Renee[/name] is alright, I suppose. At least they didn’t spell that wrong too though.

[name]Renee[/name] is [name]Anna[/name]'s middle name…

[name]Hannah[/name] [name]Renee[/name] Duggar would have been cuter. Three Hebrew names. Perfect.

I think it’s adorable. I love the trend the Duggar family has with J names. I know a family in real life with 10 children with a J theme. On their steps up to their second floor, each family member has their name written in script on the step (on the front side). It’s lovely. I think everyone has the right to name their child what they wish and spell however they wish. It make it unique to their family. [name]Renee[/name] is a family name of their cousin, which I think is a special way to honor her.

[name]Do[/name] not like the spelling. I’m just wondering if they are going to stick with all "M"s now. If they do, atleast they picked a letter with just about an unlimited amount of names.

Apparently, someone in the family already did! It was [name]Josh[/name]'s cousin’s name! Not only is it a silly, childish, misspelled name, it’s practically stolen!

And, they haven’t committed to using M’s for all of their children. But, with the first being Mackynzie, will the next be Madysin? Ugh.[/quote]

Maybe Maddalynne? lol

On one of the episodes [name]Josh[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] did say they wanted to have a letter theme with their kids, too, and were considering using M. Apparently, that’s what they’re doing.

I love the Duggars, but this name just doesn’t work for me. First off “[name]Mac[/name]” names are a little trendy. I used to know a boy named [name]Mackenzie[/name] too, which has made the name seem masculine to me…not that I’d ever name a boy that. And obviously the spelling is kind of awkward…but I do think it has a certain cuteness to it.

All in all…it’s their choice, and I like how they’ve honored family with the name. [name]Even[/name] though I don’t care for it, it’s certainly not the worst name I have ever heard. So congrats to [name]Josh[/name] and [name]Anna[/name]!

[name]Edit[/name]: I think [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Renee[/name] Duggar would’ve been gorgeous also! But I am biased, because that’s my dog’s name too…minus the Duggar of course. That would’ve been neat to have a name in common with them though! But [name]Hannah[/name] might be a little hard for them…I mean, they’ve already got [name]Anna[/name], [name]Jana[/name], [name]Joy[/name]-[name]Anna[/name], and [name]Johannah[/name]! I guess one more couldn’t hurt right? Ha ha!

[name]Renee[/name] is [name]Anna[/name]'s middle name…

[name]Hannah[/name] [name]Renee[/name] Duggar would have been cuter. Three Hebrew names. Perfect.[/quote]

I read somewhere that [name]Renee[/name] is [name]Anna[/name]'s middle name but it my opinion Mckynzie cheapens it. It’s unlikely they would have named their daughter [name]Hannah[/name] considering it rhymes with her mum’s name.