Made progress with a middle! Now to find the first

I think we’ve settled on [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] on the middle name for baby girl due mid [name_u]August[/name_u]. We wanted to honor my Swiss and [name_m]German[/name_m] heritage and also the imagery of a hardy flower that grows in the least likely of places is a great symbol.

The trouble is the first name! I LOVE [name_f]Liesl[/name_f] but [name_f]Liesl[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] is a bit much in the sound of music Department. We’ve discussed [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] with [name_f]Liesl[/name_f] as a nickname but then initials would be EEL…maybe not a big deal :woman_shrugging:

Husband’s favorite name is [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] but is [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] a tongue twister?

We also like [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], however that would make all of our kids L names and potentially trap us into a pattern we might not be able to maintain.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is lovely, with plenty of nickname potential.

I vote for [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f].

I love Edelwiess! I agree that [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] is just too much. I actually really like [name_f]Liesl[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]! And I don’t think the initials of [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] matter that much!

Elisabeth [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] is gorgeous!

Adeline Eidelweiss works imo! It’s lovely

I love [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]!! I think [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] is also very lovely and you could have your nickname. I think that the initials aren’t a big deal.

Elisabeth [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] is beautiful and memorable, I like the alliteration! I love [name_f]Liesl[/name_f] so much, it reminds me of a book I love dearly, so I love the possibility of that nickname! I don’t think the initials would be a big deal, it’s not a negative association or something. Most people probably wouldn’t notice anyway!
I also think [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is beautiful. First and middles don’t get said together that often!
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] would’ve been my second choice, it’s lovely and sweet, but I don’t want you to feel you have to continue the trend. If you already have 2+ kids with L names, and then add a 3rd, you probably will want to continue the pattern so no one feels left out.

I like [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] really pretty

I don’t think EEL would be bad initials to have. There are certainly many much worse. I really like [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Liesl[/name_f] if [name_f]Liesl[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] is too Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f] for you. Other possibilities:

Lizeth
[name_f]Lizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]

All those combos are lovely! I wouldn’t stress about the EEL initials. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] takes some effort to say but not too much!

How about [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] edelweiss or [name_f]Edith[/name_f] edelweiss

The only name I would eliminate is [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]. It’s a great name but I’m very much for avoiding patterns you aren’t prepared to fully commit to. I like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] best and the initials aren’t a big deal.

I love [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]! I’m so excited to hear someone using it! I agree that just [name_f]Liesl[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] may be a bit too Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f], but [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] sounds like the perfect alternative to still get [name_f]Liesl[/name_f] as a nickname. I don’t think EEL are bad initials, and they are rarely used anyway

I think [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] Edeweiss is lovely! That one gets my vote for sure. And, as others have said, I wouldn’t worry about the initials: they’re not offensive, so it shouldn’t be a big deal. :slight_smile:

I’m so excited to see someone using [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]! It’s such a wonderful gem!

As for firsts, [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Liesl[/name_f]) sounds like a winner to me - it’s gorgeous and no one pays much attention to initials tbh.

Lucia [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] also works beautifully but I wouldn’t go there unless you’ve got more L names in mind for the future. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] is a little finnickety to my ear but [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is still a beautiful name in its own right.

If you’re still looking for other options too:
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Madelief[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Anouk[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f]